Nerf Nocturne's ult volume

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FogRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

Nocturne's ult audio is too loud. Could you tweak it down a little?

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

03-18-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey FogRaider,

We'll check it out and make any necessary adjustments. Thanks for the feedback!

VonLiebermann

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

I like the volume and fear that it induces. What I do no like is when I feel the same way when my side's Nocturne uses their Ult. I feel like my senses will get dulled and I won't feel the necessary panic because my brain has to process which Nocturne is using their Ult.

Can you prevent the screen from darkening and dampen the sound for team whose Nocurtne just used their Ultimate?

DeRagenz

03-18-2011

@VonLiebermann if you see the ult activating, check your map, if you see your teamates and minions on it then it is your team's, if you only see yourself its from the enemy nocturne

Lumiare

Recruiter

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonLiebermann View Post
Can you prevent the screen from darkening and dampen the sound for team whose Nocurtne just used their Ultimate?
Blue tint is friendly, Red tint is enemy. Also, unless you're playing camera-locked, it's very easy to see who's ult it is (when you suddenly lose vision on everything).

On topic, I also think the volume should be lowered a bit; it's not deafening, but it is much louder than any other in-game sound (I keep my in-game sound at 20% when I'm on Vent, and this about rivals the voices from Vent).

FogRaider

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey FogRaider,

We'll check it out and make any necessary adjustments. Thanks for the feedback!
Thanks!

BobblyAsian

03-19-2011

this is funny

RacerXonclar

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRagenz View Post
@VonLiebermann if you see the ult activating, check your map, if you see your teamates and minions on it then it is your team's, if you only see yourself its from the enemy nocturne
This actually doesn't work if you're carrying a Banshee's. It's spell block will negate enemy Nocturne's blinding part of his ult. Safest bet...is to just watch the color of the tint.

Ikimono

03-24-2011

Really i wish that if it was your team's ult it did not change the screen at all.

LuciferDuck

04-10-2011

Darkness!!!!