Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@ Riot : About Champion Releases...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Low Key Lyesmith

03-17-2011

Dear Riot.

It's getting frustrating.

I know indeed people ALWAYS clamor for more characters. In fact, if you released one a week, your sales would rip through the roof, and bank accounts would run dry by the end of the year.

And this is sort of the problem.

LoL has enough champions - at least for now. You have a good selection of all kinds of characters - tanks, DPS, mages, and tons of hybrids.

Which is why you need to stop.

Take a turn. Take another fork in the road. I'n my opinion, you should have all your efforts into make the new Magma Chamber map, improving HUD, and balancing blatantly unbalanced characters in the game. Which includes the question of : why, have tanky DPS's STILL not have been tweaked?

And, a referral to a thread I saw here a couple days ago, you've promised us a lot of things - a huge list of maybe 20-30ish improvements. You've only met us about a quarter of the way.

And regarding new champions...

I do like new champion releases. But then again, we're at an impasse. Let me tell you a couple issues/facts a lot of people have at hand here.

1) Lots of people spend money on this game. I know I do - just recently hit the $100 mark. But then again, it takes about half or more of that cash to get your rune page bundle, and about 3/4 of the champions on your market. And the rest, are spent on the ridiculously expensive skins that I have this urge to buy anyway. Anyway, I end up spending far too much money, and constantly going to 7-11 for new cards while feeling pretty ripped off.

2) Lots of people spend LITTLE money on this game. Their main source of cash flow in-game is IP. And for god sakes, is the IP system stunted as hell. Weeks ago, I could find myself with about 2-3k IP after a week of playing. Now, I see myself with 1200 IP after a week of playing. That nets me one quint rune, or a couple marks/seals. And any champs I want left over in the store are around the 3k+ mark - forget that.

So while some people are struggling to even buy the champs they really want, it's like you're sort of taunting us by lowering IP gains and constantly releasing overprices champs. It's like a tax system gone through the roof - after paying for whatever you really need, you have nothing left over.

Go easier on us. We're not made of money. Let some of us catch up. Work on other stuff. Don't spam champ releases.

[ This is a rant after reading people clamoring for another champ already. [Blind Monk.] ]

redlightman

Recruiter

03-17-2011

Champion Designer =/= Map Designer or any other kind of designer.

It isn't that hard to understand, but it still seems that no one can.

Enialis

03-17-2011

Dear Phynn51,

Riot does not make money off of IP. Their main source of revenue is likely these biweekly Champions. If you don't want the servers to be shut down, I recommend allowing them to continue to make money.

Unless you want them to make these new features RP-only, which I can't imagine them doing. This current system gives them the resources to (hopefully) pursue these other features while also releasing more Champions.

Myrren

03-17-2011

atleast fix nocturne's Q already