Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sona viable again?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UncIe Ruckus

03-17-2011

Played her a while back when she was considered OP. Honestly, she was. It was pretty much you have a Sona, or you'll lose.

But then after the nerfs, I found she got a hit just a little too hard. Not a horrible champ, but definitely got knocked from her spot as the best supporter. Her mana costs were brutal, damage lowered, cooldowns longer, movespeed buff nerfed, and they also dropped Innervating Locket, which was a huge indirect nerf to her as well.

After all was said and done, I'd rather pick Soraka than Sona...

But now I'm really considering taking her up again as my main (I main support champs.)

Thoughts on the new improved Sona?

Trillius

03-17-2011

I like your name.

That is all.

WorthyofLiek

03-17-2011

Play Janna.

UncIe Ruckus

03-17-2011

Pointless to play Janna... She gets banned every game. =/

Gøggles

03-17-2011

I did well with her yesterday.. 4/3/19. There's not a HUGE difference, but I felt like I had a slightly bigger impact on the game.

Arwan

03-17-2011

they add sound effect to power chord W >.> she is not viable until she has the sound xD

Daun007

03-17-2011

Some of my friends have been playing sona recently and they do really well with her. They tend to go more ap on her too.

godmarck

03-17-2011

I used to play her before the buff and decided not to play her anymore since she was not viable at all.
Now I gave her a try yesterday and she seems really good, i got a few kills that I didnt expect(not my intention) and she seems pretty viable right now, but I get the feeling that she still needs a little buff ( a REALLY small one tough).

BerryB0mb

03-17-2011

LOVE new Sona. AP is now her friend.
Last match went 7/5/17.

Bolshoi

03-17-2011

I love the fact that she now requires some form of thought. I loved her when she first came out, and had a lot of fun when I played her after this recent patch. But the biggest thing for me was actually trying to maximize the utility of my power chord. Really adds a new dynamic to her kit, which I will admit she desperately needed.