@Riot: A petition to limit pings

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeeRad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

We've all ran into one of your teammates who cannot help but spam pings mercilessly over and over and.....well you understand what I am getting at.

I think Riot should initiate a max amount of pings you can do in a short period. Something similar to how World of Warcraft doesnt allow spamming in many public channels.

Another small detail that would improve gameplay immensely.

Your Mom

03-17-2011

lol petition

zankioh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-17-2011

He has a point though, I've met one of the "lolol u mad I'll ping the map 40000 times before the game ends" guys again recently.

Ferret Paws

03-17-2011

I am with you 100%. I hate when a teamate gets pissy because you said something like "You should have got merc treads not zerks" and they get offended so much that for the next 5 minutes they ping the **** out of you on the mini map.

BeeRad

03-17-2011

bumping this

joker4

03-17-2011

Agreed

facedag

03-17-2011

a cooldown for pings would be cool
+1

Subdue

03-17-2011

If there does end up being a limit to it, I would want it to occur only after A LOT of ping spamming. I often find myself pinging multiple times to show urgency, or to show the path i want my team to take, or to show the path the enemy team is taking. If I were limited to one ping every 10 seconds or something, it would get frustrating very quickly.

BeeRad

03-17-2011

I would really like to see a Red give Riot's thoughts on this.