Why does everyone SURRENDER?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MindChild

03-17-2011

So im playing LoL again after 4 months break.
I quit because it wasnt funny anymore if we have a leaver in every second game! :/

Now im back, and this game is just great, i really love it.
But WHAT THE HECK is with some people?
My last 2 games.. both teams lost 2 or 3 Towers, we killed 14 Champions, they killed 17.
What happens? They (our team) SURRENDER! I just dont get why.. last game again. They surrender even if everyone could win.
Shaco and TF were bored, so they decided to just surrender.
This isnt really funny anymore when you want to play, when you want to fight this game till the end, and then you have 4 other people that just want to play the next game just because they arent fed or just arent 10-0 or what do I know.
This makes me mad and sad! And theres no way to stop it :/

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

I've been asking this question for years.

Finally I just gave up.

Azaer

03-17-2011

Because some people think that even though they don't want to invest a little into games, then somehow the next one will be better.

Honestly, all the best games are the ones where neither team manages to surrender and the game drags through for an hour+. Some people don't realize that these games happen by playing through the bad patches.

hydrogencar

03-17-2011

Cause low-mid elo doesn't know about split pushing and pressuring all lanes 24/7.
Doesn't require being fed, doesn't require doing teamfights.
It requires one thing and it's coordination.

Nvm, solo queue doesn't have that anyway.

Qzahk

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post

Finally I just gave up.
Lies. Your teammates never surrender

Kalarepa

03-17-2011

I admit, that sometimes I vote "YES" even if I know, we can win. I do that when game just isn't fun for me. Like I absolutely hate playing against Zilean. Or against fed Eve. I wouldn't do that in ranked games tho.

RedBartender

03-17-2011

There are some games where you or your teammates play yourselves into (or fall into through bad luck i.e., DC's, leavers, etc) a position where the other team cannot lose unless they make one or more serious errors. If you feel that you've been outplayed, and the likelihood of the other team giving you a chance to get back into the game is slim, then it becomes logical to surrender.

I'm not saying that the situation described in the OP is an example of that, just explaining why I choose to call surrender votes or vote yes when somebody else has called them.

I'm also not saying that you should surrender immediately if you fall a bit behind in the early game. Most teams do make errors, but sometimes betting on the fact that your opponents will make a timely mistake that you can capitalize on is unlikely, especially if they've gotten their advantage by outplaying you.

BroForgotnglory

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post

Finally I just gave up.

Youn win 1 interwebs! congrats.