Greifing is out of control in ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wiredcurrent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

So apparently the forum trolls have found a new way to validate themselves. Hopefully this trend doesn't carry on, but I fear that it will. Careful about having an opinion from now on because they'll *gasp* look at your rune pages and judge you??

Get a life you sorry sods, if the best you can do to debunk an argument is completely ignore what he's saying and judge his rune page??

Pathetic. (By the way help yourself to mine my rune pages are terrible and I spend most of my time in custom games with people I know because I'd rather gargle battery acid than risk playing the game with trolls like you lot.)

To answer the OP: You're 100% correct and what it comes down to is for every player out there that actually wants to make something of their free time there is some waste of oxygen consumption that feels their form of entertainment is to try to bring others down. They exist in games, in the work environment, and in life in general. Unfortunately it's illegal to lobotomize these pathetic excuses without their consent.

Burbinator

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredcurrent View Post
ad hominem attack
how's it feel to be, oh what was it you said, a waste of oxygen yourself?

TALLYPWNER

03-17-2011

It's making a whole lotta sense now Wiredcurrent. They grief ingame and grief on the boards. I knew it was a popular thing to grief but I didn't think it was such a high % of players. I know griefers IRL too and I never understood it. It seems like one of those situations where they are angry IRL and then come onto the boards and join LOL games to try and share their grief with others. I understand that is a part of life but it'd be great if the game designers could figure out some safeguards to sort of corral the griefers together and the legit players together. I bet it's just a really difficult to impossible task, I don't think Riot doesn't care. I think this tribunal system I've heard about is their main effort into solving the issue. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

As for rune page grief and mastery grief, I can assure you I always do very well. My ranked K ratio over about 300-400 games is 7-5-8 so statistically I'm doing better than average but always having a positive K ratio doesn't mean a win.

TALLYPWNER

03-17-2011

Just played a couple, both had a grief spammer during hero pick, both had intentional feeders to game ruin. It's the norm at my ELO, more than 50% over many games. I guess it's like that 1 guy said, the only way to try and rank up is pick a carry and try and make enough of a difference solo to offset the 50-50 grief expected. Sucks that is the way it has to be though with the current system =/

BrioCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

There's your problem. You're under 1200 ELo.

Tuckerr

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verum Dice View Post
I think your losses have something to do with your only runes being
crit damage and flat ap.

Also, I think you might be a troll, because your tank runepage is 1.5% dodge 3.5 health and 29 AP.

And fix your masteries, they don't make sense.
Wow, looking up someones profile to shame them on the forums is a pretty low thing to do...

TALLYPWNER

03-17-2011

Maybe it's because I've had the same account since early beta and it matches me up goofy? I have oer 50% wins in ranked and my ELO is around 1140.

Tuckerr

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbinator View Post
this

@OP: if you care so hard about tryharding, finish your runepages and just make use of the cheaper champs. You can get top tier of EVERY role for 1350 or under. Sure, it might be a bit boring, but then why are you complaining if you aren't tryharding for wins in ranked?

Ranged carries: tf/ashe/sivir
casters: annie(!) ryze sion (!)
tanks: amumu, singed, alistar
jungler: amumu, yi, nunu
support: soraka, janna, zilean (actually not sure on janna but eh)
bruisers: mundo

and then of course maybe 2-3 3150 IP champs. You still have PLENTY of ip for runes, how do you not have ANYTHING relevant besides dodge for your tank rune page?

edit: btw, if you really do have crit damage, thats probably the worst rune page you could've made. Arpen makes your crits hurt more, the only real alternatives are crit chance if you're playing a specialized champ or AS for jungling.
And every game should be exactly the same. No close calls, no comebacks, it should be plain, boring games every single time. Because that's why I play a PvP game. Because I hate unpredictability.

KungfuWaffles

03-17-2011

Send riot an email about it.

Much more effective than forum spam.

TALLYPWNER

03-17-2011

Ya Tucker, it feels like it's not even pvp in ranked it's just a game of who gets the griefer. It doesn't feel competitive when people are always trying to lose and having to ignore multiple people every single game for grief spam is lame.