Greifing is out of control in ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TALLYPWNER

03-17-2011

I've been playing since early beta and it seems like now more than ever griefing all too common. I'm under 1200 ELO rank now and my last 20 or so games have all had griefers. Half the time they are on my team and half the time they are on the enemy team but every game has had at least 1 guy spamming grief in chat and intentionally feeding to game ruin. I know I'm not the only one who experiences this because I've heard people call it ELO hell. I'm hoping there's something in the works that can cut down on this stuff? I know you cant prevent people for game ruining if they really want to but I feel like there could be some safeguards to make it happen a lot less. I feel like this topic may have been beaten to death and Riot has kinda given up on the idea of any fixes for it but maybe this tribunal system will add more safeguards? Just my thoughts from a longtime player with 0 leaves/afk/griefs after 100's of games.

Zaos Naria

03-17-2011

Once you get out of elo hell you see less greifers. I just got out and have had like a 10 win streak and am now 1320 elo, people may argue but they rarely troll on purpose.

Verum Dice

03-17-2011

I think your losses have something to do with your only runes being
crit damage and flat ap.

Also, I think you might be a troll, because your tank runepage is 1.5% dodge 3.5 health and 29 AP.

And fix your masteries, they don't make sense.

TALLYPWNER

03-17-2011

Nah I always do very well in the games but there's always 1 guy who just rages entire game and loses on purpose, and it's not always on my team, I'm not saying that. I'm saying it's on both my team and the enemies and it sucks for everyone. I don't want free wins either IDC about rank I just want quality games.

TALLYPWNER

03-17-2011

I spend too much IP on buying heroes and just started working on a tank runepage yesterday so it'll take a few weeks to fill out. AP works well with a lot of tanks anyways so it hasn't been a problem. You seem to be trolling with off topic remarks with misguided insults?

Verum Dice

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALLYPWNER View Post
I spend too much IP on buying heroes and just started working on a tank runepage yesterday so it'll take a few weeks to fill out. AP works well with a lot of tanks anyways so it hasn't been a problem. You seem to be trolling with off topic remarks with misguided insults?
Trust me, you buying champions instead of runes tells me that you're bad
and deserve to be in your ELO.

And the high quality games that you're taking about don't exist if you don't contribute amply to them.

SparrowMaxx

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaos Naria View Post
Once you get out of elo hell you see less greifers. I just got out and have had like a 10 win streak and am now 1320 elo, people may argue but they rarely troll on purpose.
I totally disagree. Well, maybe less greifing, but I think the only place semi-safe is mid-high elo. Have you seen high elo streams? Grackis? Reg? Feel no Fear? These guys are sometimes *******s, but 50% chance someone on their team will intentionally play bad/feed/etc. Dead, serious, watch 10 games of each superhigh elo stream, ~5 will have the streamer or someone else hyper-qqing and then trolling and playing bad.

ExpandingEye

03-17-2011

They honestly need to do the ranking/rating matchmaking system. Not a bad idea in theory but it creates unescapable cesspools.

MXVII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

Lol, stop trollin with your rune pages bro.

Burbinator

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verum Dice View Post
Trust me, you buying champions instead of runes tells me that you're bad
and deserve to be in your ELO.

And the high quality games that you're taking about don't exist if you don't contribute amply to them.
this

@OP: if you care so hard about tryharding, finish your runepages and just make use of the cheaper champs. You can get top tier of EVERY role for 1350 or under. Sure, it might be a bit boring, but then why are you complaining if you aren't tryharding for wins in ranked?

Ranged carries: tf/ashe/sivir
casters: annie(!) ryze sion (!)
tanks: amumu, singed, alistar
jungler: amumu, yi, nunu
support: soraka, janna, zilean (actually not sure on janna but eh)
bruisers: mundo

and then of course maybe 2-3 3150 IP champs. You still have PLENTY of ip for runes, how do you not have ANYTHING relevant besides dodge for your tank rune page?

edit: btw, if you really do have crit damage, thats probably the worst rune page you could've made. Arpen makes your crits hurt more, the only real alternatives are crit chance if you're playing a specialized champ or AS for jungling.