Item Feedback Requested

First Riot Post
123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XIIÍ

08-21-2009

Guinsoo:

• Frozen Mallet needs to be reworked so that it doesn't offer massive HP + a great slowing effect. Frozen Mallet should give: +350 HP, +30 Attack, and Current slow effect. New Recipe: Ruby Crystal, Pickaxe, Phage
  • New Item to get massive amounts of HP would have a % stun chance on hit effect (like the basher). +800 HP, +30 Attack, +20% chance on hit to stun target for 1 sec (unique).
  • Blink Dagger-like item. Having heroes with channels and other AoE effects dependent on Flash is really restrictive. Maybe have this one a little weaker than the Dota one. Something like: Gives you same distance blink as flash with a 60 sec cooldown, cannot be used if taken damage in the last 6 seconds.
  • Scythe of Vise from Dota was an awesome and tide turning item. I'm not sure how to adapt it for LoL, but it should provide a hex/disable with some survivability and some AP.
  • Some sort of slowing item (active) like Diffusal Blade so that melee heroes and other range heroes without slows are not dependent on frozen mallet or lizard buff.
Also Guinsoo, will cooldown reduction items and runes affect the cooldown of activatable items?

Jpeg

08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V Light View Post
black king bar?
+1

Also i like the Dota "mini stuns" abilities/items that gave .01 sec stun, just enough to cancel what someone else was doing. Very annoying/powefull, yet not game breakin. Usefull for countless numbers of things and a good counter to specific abilites that may be causing you trouble (lookin at you fiddle and lich).

i'm sure the following is a techinical nightmare:

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=5323

but it will probably need doing anyway.

Sagas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-21-2009

I miss boots of travel and black king bar, but should we be able to buy additional summoner skills? (teleport and boost/whatever it's called now)

Logo

08-21-2009

Having a BoT replacement would really though off the balance and pacing of the game. For the longest time I felt like LoL needed a BoT/Travel scroll replacement but now I'm starting to see that it'd really hinder the playstyle. Blink daggers and the like would still be welcomed but I think its best if spammable teleportation remains out of it.

Warskull

Adjudicator

08-21-2009

Defensive items seem like they needs some more options.

-Anti-crit defensive items, something that reduced crit damage a bit (cheaper than IE though)
-Dodge defensive items, why is it only on boots and phantom dancer? A dodge + armor or dodge + health item would be nice. You don't need a ton, but a few defensive options would be nice.
-A good armor+health purely defensive item
-An AP+Damage item

OneManWar

08-21-2009

For me the only thing really missing is an escape type item like Blink dagger or lothars or even the sheepstick(Gunisoo's!!!!!) works for escaping (also good gank items). Right now some of the heroes have absolutely no escape mechanism and there are no options at all to give them one through items. If you have one of those heroes and you suddenly get slowed by one or 2 people, there is NO way out.

Arslan

08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManWar View Post
For me the only thing really missing is an escape type item like Blink dagger or lothars or even the sheepstick(Gunisoo's!!!!!) works for escaping (also good gank items). Right now some of the heroes have absolutely no escape mechanism and there are no options at all to give them one through items. If you have one of those heroes and you suddenly get slowed by one or 2 people, there is NO way out.
The typical response would be to get the right summoner spells, but the cooldowns on those are too long IMO. I think they should implement some activatable items like blink dagger, guinsoo's / euls, refresher orb, etc.

The current item build makes the game focus on:

Summoner spells -> Champion abilities -> focus on health / dmg / ap items -> end game.

Adding in some utility items would help to make games more unique.

raidil142

08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
I worry that Hybrid AP/Atk item would take certain champions to the realm of really freaking scary (Cho'gath, Judicator, Sion, and Amumu all benefit greatly off AP but also do a fair deal with their in-your-face smashing).
Agreed. But then again, a champion could already buy AP items and Atk items. It's not like you're getting 2 for the price of 1, you're getting both in one item, for the price of two items. Here's an example item:

Thor's Hammer: 2655g (1000g recipe)
+25 DMG
+40 AP
30% chance on hit: increase AP by 40 for 5 seconds, stacks up to 3 times

requires:
Pickaxe (975g) +25 dmg
Blasting Wand (880g) +40 AP

From this item, you get no more AP or DMG than you would get from just buying the pieces, and the recipe pays for A.)freeing up inventory space (in this case we'll say you're paying 180g for this) and B.) the proc effect (which is probably on average the strength of a blasting wand (880g).

Renko

08-21-2009

I think it would be cool to see boots that have a 5 gold every ten seconds. The cost could be around the same price as the swift boots but only give level 2 movement speed. It allow for more gold plus stacking and allow for better longer term startegy.

TL Phrost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-21-2009

Endless (mana/health) potion
Cost = Mana/health potion + 400

Basically a potion that when you use it will go on cooldown so you could potentially keep using it while staying in lane. This could be an alternative to buying a Regrowth Pendant or the mana regen thingy (i dont remember the name) but make it so the potion isn't upgradable but if you use it on every cd will provide a larger hp/mp per 5

123456 ... 11