Did everyone forget about Libya?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinnikonnie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-17-2011

I am not saying that what is happening in Japan is not as important as the civil war in Libya, but I have the feeling that we are forgetting Libya. If you dont know it yet, the rebels are currently loosing and retreating to their last base. In the past 5 days when all the news were about Japan the situation turned around, and the winning rebels were pushed back, city by city...
The problem is that noone has done anything, they were completely by themselves the whole time. As I am German, I do not know if the US has decided anything else yet, but I know that the EU is still discussing and discussing, but never doing anything. I fking hate politics...
If they do not overthrow him and get loose noone will stop this dictator and even when he dies his son will probably just like Gaddafi...
I hope you guys just give it a thought, it is really depressing me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blue Ender

Senior Member

03-17-2011

Watch this interview.

http://rt.com/news/libya-oil-gaddafi-arab/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loxar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-17-2011

What's Libya?

EDIT: It was a joke because he said people were forgetting about it. >.>;


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

Member

03-17-2011

How about North Korea, which is/was more important than afghanistan/iraq/libya since...o....before any of them.

At some point america is going to have to implement food for oil and recoup some of it's costs. I'm generally against invading/nation building, but i'm more against screwing over american tax payers to do so. If a president worked on enriching the poor/middle class in relation to the rest of the world(which is the real defintion of rich), things would work out great. Nationalism is good.

Bush Jr. should have come out on sept 12th and said, "bad news: we're invading afghanistan & iraq, good news: gas & heroin is going to be cheaper."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VerKnight

Senior Member

03-17-2011

It's called lazy media and it's disgusting. I hate watching the news and seeing the same thing every day. Frankly, I'd like to see less about celebrity bs and more about things that matter aka politics and the **** going on around the world, but the media is lazy and will report what is easiest at the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

Member

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Cruzel View Post
It's called lazy media and it's disgusting. I hate watching the news and seeing the same thing every day. Frankly, I'd like to see less about celebrity bs and more about things that matter aka politics and the **** going on around the world, but the media is lazy and will report what is easiest at the time.
you need to listen to npr, and a station like am1090 seattle. The media is not lazy, you just have to accept the big networks simply go for ratings..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elan Tedronai

Senior Member

03-17-2011

It's not the media that's lazy, it's the populace. The media gives the populace what it wants. If you want something different, you're a minority and not worth making content for.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragon270

Senior Member

03-17-2011

Obama certainly did didnt he.

Hes doing such a great job of some new "dont get involved" policy he must be trying to start.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

Member

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon270 View Post
Obama certainly did didnt he.

Hes doing such a great job of some new "dont get involved" policy he must be trying to start.
How much does America get paid to be the World Police? Bush's Wars debted our great grand kids(he had a f-ing surplus at the beginning of his reign).

Another expensive, large scale wang showing contest because americans love protecting israel is stupid. Religion is made up, americans and the rest of the world should quit respecting it so much so we wont simply take care of business.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragon270

Senior Member

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
How much does America get paid to be the World Police? Bush's Wars debted our great grand kids(he had a f-ing surplus at the beginning of his reign).

Another expensive, large scale wang showing contest because americans love protecting israel is stupid. Religion is made up, americans and the rest of the world should quit respecting it so much so we wont simply take care of business.
We dont have to police them but maybe he should support the no fly zone idea floating around. And Bush isnt the first or last Pres to throw us further into the money pit. And religion has nothing to do with my earlier comment.. You had an upvote earlier i think its gone now. Find an atheist site to put that on.


123