Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.
I am a red-green colour blind gamer, and like many, I had searched for a guide or something to alleviate the problems caused by the interface. The information presented here is already in the forums; what I am doing is centralizing it to make it easy to find. I didn't write any of this myself. This guide is up to date as of January 2010's Poppy-patch, although these tricks have worked for some time. Although we expect major patches may break them again, you should be able to just follow the guide through again and get it back to a playable state. The thing most likely to change is the locations of the files.
The guide breaks down into eventually three sections:
1. minimap / nametag colour changes ........ we will be changing red to blue
2. health bar modding ....................... friendly green to yellow, enemy red to purple
3. minion skins (we haven't agreed on a colour scheme yet)
So, once again, remember that this information may change across patches, but as of right now its working.
BACK UP YOUR FILES JUST IN CASE! THIS IS NOT AN OPTION!
Credit to Xylch (I think)
Original post: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=28652 (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=28652)
- Navigate to location: C://Riot Games/League of Legends/game/DATA/CFG/Game.cfg
- Open this file using notepad
- Add the following lines under the [HUD] label:
What this does is changes the friendly names to blue, which makes it easier to tell them apart from enemy players on your screen. For some reason, this also applies to the minimap. Its hard to read the names because of the dark colour, but that doesn't really matter since you'll be calling champions out by their champion name e.g. Yi.
This easy work-around has worked since beta, and continues to work across patches.
2. health bar modding
Credit to HappyNihil
Original thread: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=6543 (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=6543)
- Download the file "healthbars.tga", attached at the bottom of this post
- Navigate to location: C://Riot Games/League of Legends/game
- Locate the file HeroPak_client.zip
- make a copy of it for backup
- using your favorite zip program (I like winrar), open the archive
- Navigate to location: HeroPak_client.zip/DATA/Images
- replace healthbars.tga (just drop the new file in and allow overwrite)
What this does is changes friendly health bars to yellow and enemy health bars to purple, very distinguishable colours. It may seem like an odd choice but the two contrast very well and is very refreshing for last hit and harassment purposes.
This step will probably have to be repeated each new patch, especially if they add a new hero, because the zip file will be replaced - if that happens just re-open it and replace the healthbars.tga file again.