01.10.2010 - update stuck at 51%

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

toonX

02-10-2010

update stuck at 51% than tells me that the launcher experienced an issue and than just closes after i hit ok.

any ideas?

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2010

If you replaced any files with your own (custom skins, ect) you get this issue.

toonX

02-10-2010

default game as default gets.

whatever i had to re-install all this ****

yay a few hours later...

i'm back on, only to have people queue dodge! woot!

Scorpion72

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-10-2010

Yep mine is also stuck on 51%.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-11-2010

Scorpion, reinstalling should fix your issue as well, you can reference the reinstall guide here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=58919

Trebby

02-11-2010

and all this because I'm colorblind and I have to change the skin every single time. Can't you guys make a Colorblind option ?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-11-2010

Trebby, Riot is looking at possibly implementing colorblind modifications to the UI. In the meantime, you might be able to make your game a little more friendly with this:

Nice thread over in the guide section posted by Kanizier, I've seen this issue come up a few times on the support forums.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=50998

I am a red-green colour blind gamer, and like many, I had searched for a guide or something to alleviate the problems caused by the interface. The information presented here is already in the forums; what I am doing is centralizing it to make it easy to find. I didn't write any of this myself. This guide is up to date as of January 2010's Poppy-patch, although these tricks have worked for some time. Although we expect major patches may break them again, you should be able to just follow the guide through again and get it back to a playable state. The thing most likely to change is the locations of the files.

The guide breaks down into eventually three sections:

1. minimap / nametag colour changes ........ we will be changing red to blue
2. health bar modding ....................... friendly green to yellow, enemy red to purple
3. minion skins (we haven't agreed on a colour scheme yet)

So, once again, remember that this information may change across patches, but as of right now its working.

BACK UP YOUR FILES JUST IN CASE! THIS IS NOT AN OPTION!

1. minimap/nametag

Credit to Xylch (I think)
Original post: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=28652

- Navigate to location: C://Riot Games/League of Legends/game/DATA/CFG/Game.cfg
- Open this file using notepad
- Add the following lines under the [HUD] label:

Code:
[HUD]
LockCamera=0
DrawHealthBars=0
FriendlyColor=0 0 255
EnemyColor=255 0 0
[FriendlyNametag]Color = 0 0 255
[EnemyNametag]Color = 255 0 0
[MouseOverEffect]EnemyColor = 255 50 50
AllyColor = 50 150 50
What this does is changes the friendly names to blue, which makes it easier to tell them apart from enemy players on your screen. For some reason, this also applies to the minimap. Its hard to read the names because of the dark colour, but that doesn't really matter since you'll be calling champions out by their champion name e.g. Yi.

This easy work-around has worked since beta, and continues to work across patches.

2. health bar modding

Credit to HappyNihil
Original thread: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=6543

- Download the file "healthbars.tga", attached at the bottom of this post
- Navigate to location: C://Riot Games/League of Legends/game
- Locate the file HeroPak_client.zip
- make a copy of it for backup
- using your favorite zip program (I like winrar), open the archive
- Navigate to location: HeroPak_client.zip/DATA/Images
- replace healthbars.tga (just drop the new file in and allow overwrite)

What this does is changes friendly health bars to yellow and enemy health bars to purple, very distinguishable colours. It may seem like an odd choice but the two contrast very well and is very refreshing for last hit and harassment purposes.

This step will probably have to be repeated each new patch, especially if they add a new hero, because the zip file will be replaced - if that happens just re-open it and replace the healthbars.tga file again.