Gragas! ARG!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skadoosh1337

03-17-2011

I really like playing gragas, but I need to figure out some way of making him not suck. I usually go for the tank build. getting ninja tabi, randuins omen, sunfire cape, banshee's veil, then idk what. he just seems to die really fast no matter what i do. is there any way to build him so this isn't the case?

W17chM4n

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skadoosh1337 View Post
figure out some way of making him not suck. I usually go for the tank build.
There is your answer. I know he is fat and big but he is NOT a tank. Try going AP with him with maxing barrels and following with maxing drunken rage to harras as much as U can.

Of course don`t forget about defensife items based on your current game. If there are a lot of casters (like lux) just buy abyssal scepter and merc boots. If there is a lot of AD just buy frozen heart.

But for the most - buy AP items and dont forget to use blue elixir ! It can be game changing.

GoliathZ

03-17-2011

I've recently purchased gragas. I'm having a pretty good with a guide of leaguecraft:

Basiclly masteries orianted towerds defence,left over in utility.
Regrowth pendent into philo stone gives me alot of staying power and a good start on gold.
Later on sheen,a defensive item ( armor or magic resist,dephends on the enemy make up).
Abyssal scepter and upgrade to lich bane and you're golden.

Max out drunken rage first with 1 point into barrel roll and 1 into body slam at 2 and 3. Then barrel roll and body slam last (the damage is really not that great in actuel combat,only used for escape and slowing enemys).

Works for me great.I got good defence and decent damage.

I just love Gragas play style.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

He got nerfed AGAIN this patch. He went from mostly useless to even more useless. It is hard to make him good, as he has taken HUUUGE hits from where he used to be.

* Ult from 60 sec to 90 second cooldown. 50% nerf.

* Damage reduction from like 26% to 16%. massive nerf in his tanking.

* Longer cooldown on his Charge. big nerf to mobility and DPS.

* Barrel damage nerf this patch of all things...

* Removal of his signature item: the Locket.

Piggotts

03-17-2011

You might want to just avoid playing him. As the poster said above me, he has taken massive hits in recent patches and is currently rotting at the bottom tier. Shelf him until Riot does something about him.

Butterface

03-17-2011

i dont get why they keep nerfing him, i seemed to be the only good gragas i ever saw now i just refuse to play him

W17chM4n

03-18-2011

I have to disagree about avoiding him. It all depends on current team and your skills with playing gragas. On the other hand I`m low elo so it is highly propable that he is in fact useless in higher elo matches but for now i have 70% win ratio when using this fatso. Besides he is really fun to play.

GorozillÓ

03-24-2011

Spell lvl order: q, w, e, q, w, r, q, w, q, w.. etc.

I start off with boots and 2 hp pots. Drunken Rage helps you get last hit on so many creeps, and barrel roll will keep the enemies away while you farm. You dont have to blow up the barrel right away, just let it sit so they are cautous to get close.

Of course it really does depend who you are laning against, haven't been able to do well against morde, rammus, or the other "better" tanks.

Also helps to have a good partner, like recently i had a 16/4/16 gragas game, LeBlanc as partner.

RBeckham

03-24-2011

As Gragas, I grab Morello's for the mp/5, cooldown, and ability power. From there, go between defensive and ability power boosting items. In teams, you chip away at the enemy and spam body slam to save/chase players, using the ult to initiate (rare) or save someone from a gank. That's the only way I know to play him. He ends up being more on the support side with his snare/zoning, but you can snipe some kills with the barrel too.

malphismia

03-25-2011

Just make sure your first item on bluepill is a blasting wand. That alone, with prioritizing barrel roll, will let you 1-hit creep waves.

If you get it later on, the creepwaves will get stronger, so you won't be able to 1-hit and farm so easily.

I've tried all builds. AP > Tank > AD, after all the patches. Only reason to go AD is to jungle, and get an early gank (because those consecutive body slams are **** strong).