UFO Landing in Valoran!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zd Rage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

02-11-2010

i appreciate not getting 100% screwed by owning corki, but seriously: do you guys even think before you act or are you just trying to piss people off? not getting to choose when you start the IP boost and giving it during the middle of week is not intelligent. Was considering throwing down a little more of my money, that I earn during the week while my IP boost is going to waste, on some of the new skins for the winter games. But frankly you guys aren't getting anything else out of me. You've made one bad decision after another regarding paying customers and its quite obvious you are better off not paying for this game.

Next time you decide to promise something to the community, think it through. Anyone could have figured out that there was going to be general uproar over just getting the skin, and anyone could have figured out giving an expensive champion out for free was going to piss off people that already had him. Come up with these solutions before you run your mouth off.

(the trist skin on facebook anyone. they had no idea how we were going to get that, and you probably never will)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zd Rage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathtotem View Post
Nice the Corki has finnally landed... Here is an idea.. how about we bring back the Ghost Gangplank skin.. Or maybe get a new one. LOL JST SYING!!!
Oh and by the way.. Gangplank really needs the Grog back in his Parley.. Used to i could kill people now they see me and say. " Gangplank sucks since patch" and im dead!

-Deathtotem
gangplank is arguably the best champion, even post patch


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PUNKASS

Junior Member

02-11-2010

Hummm i still dont have the skin??? my account was registered in december...and i have voted to 2/3 of those polls...?? can i get any help plz.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Limey Man

Junior Member

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKASS View Post
Hummm i still dont have the skin??? my account was registered in december...and i have voted to 2/3 of those polls...?? can i get any help plz.
Read the first post. He stated clearly that it would take 3 days to get Corki to all accounts. Some get it today, some tomorrow etc etc. If you're lucky, you will get him soon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xozzen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-11-2010

I saved money for the last two weeks for buying corki... but now I'll see everyone playing him as 90% of the players get him for free with the skin. In my opinion, this takes a lot of fun out of this character. And because I didn't create before the 14th, I'm not gonna get ****.

And getting a 3 day IP boost instead of 6300 would really suck.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deeplight

Senior Member

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamisen View Post
I don't understand why the people asking about important features like Maps and Game Modes are being harassed by other users. They seem like perfectly valid questions.

'Different people work on different things' doesn't mean much when regardless your programming team is stuck implementing new heroes (many of which I assume do not making it past testing) and new skill mechanics. When they aren't doing that, they are instead going in and tweaking skill after skill, item after item, for 'balance', which is never reached (otherwise they would reach a point where they didn't need to tweak heroes EVERY patch). I wouldn't have a problem with this except that the game doesn't seem HALFWAY finished.

There's a huge map every time I start matchmaking that looks like it's intended to hold 5-10 different fields. One of these has been done and sitting in 'BETA' for as long as I've played this game. I don't think it's even been altered in ages. So why this hasn't been moved to 3v3 matchmaking is beyond me. It's not really still in development - I haven't seen it mentioned in the patch notes in forever. If there are neutral buffs or small features that need to be hammered out, do it while the map is in MM rotation (just like how Summoner's Rift is changed via patches).

Then there's the well-known fact that matchmaking needs an overhaul so that you don't jump from fighting level 5's to level 30's magically. That initial jump from newbie island is frustrating because the newer players get stomped and the vet players get no challenge.

Aside from that, like someone else mentioned, we could also be seeing different game modes, such as CTF, or better handling of premades in MM, or any sort of useful, new content that's not 'another champ', because we're near 50 of those now, with still 1.5 maps and only one game mode. This isn't DOTA anymore, and as a standalone game you have an obligation to provide real content. You don't have the excuse of being a mod anymore, limited by WCIII's engine. Excuses are out the door.

I'm sorry that Riot doesn't directly pull in any income from making new maps or gametypes like they do for pumping out new characters and useless (albeit pretty) skins, but even with new heroes, playing the same game on the same map while new features are dangled out mysteriously in the future is tiresome.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the game, but I think we can all agree things like new maps and new gametypes are better than things like.. a free champ.. or a free skin.. or.. 1 Day IP/EXP Boosts? Who is that really helping?

I want more content and less 'give us your money for a completely superflous feature'. That doesn't seem unreasonable.

I think that these are valid points, but this is just the wrong place. This thread was introduce to announce a GIFT being giving to us. Just be thankful. If you want to talk about other content do it somewhere else.

It's sorta like a friend comes up to you and gives you a homemade fresh baked loaf of bread in gratitude, and you say "Oh, I wish you could have given me some jam too..."

Be polite, be thankful, and take your other content ideas elsewhere.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CounterCraft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-11-2010

owwwww


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CobraKaun

Senior Member

02-11-2010

You know, it's not much compensation that you're giving me an IP boost during the week when I can not play. I used RIOT POINTS to unlock Corki. So how is an IP boost I can't use compensating me?

How about a refund of my RP and we will call it even. Then I can use it to buy a champ that you aren't just giving away for free to everybody...

Honestly, if you had given me the IP boost on Friday so that I could use it over the weekend when I actually have time to play then I would be a little more content with the exchange. But some of us have to work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gr3en

Member

02-11-2010

thx for the besst skinn ...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

02-11-2010
7 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamisen View Post
'Different people work on different things' doesn't mean much when regardless your programming team is stuck implementing new heroes (many of which I assume do not making it past testing) and new skill mechanics. When they aren't doing that, they are instead going in and tweaking skill after skill, item after item, for 'balance', which is never reached (otherwise they would reach a point where they didn't need to tweak heroes EVERY patch). I wouldn't have a problem with this except that the game doesn't seem HALFWAY finished.
Programmers don't work on champions. Designers do, using design tools that were already made by the programmers. Also, there are very few champions who 'don't make it past testing', and are s****ped completely. These champions are remade instead with a new kit. Making a new kit for a champion, again, is the responsibility of the designer, and does not cost programming hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamisen View Post
There's a huge map every time I start matchmaking that looks like it's intended to hold 5-10 different fields. One of these has been done and sitting in 'BETA' for as long as I've played this game. I don't think it's even been altered in ages. So why this hasn't been moved to 3v3 matchmaking is beyond me. It's not really still in development - I haven't seen it mentioned in the patch notes in forever. If there are neutral buffs or small features that need to be hammered out, do it while the map is in MM rotation (just like how Summoner's Rift is changed via patches).
The last time that Twisted Treeline received an update was on December 16th of 2009. The brush was redone and the Lizard Elder's intial spawn was pushed back to prevent a level 1 fight at Lizard from happening at the opening to every game. It has been less than 2 months since the last update to Twisted Treeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamisen View Post
Then there's the well-known fact that matchmaking needs an overhaul so that you don't jump from fighting level 5's to level 30's magically. That initial jump from newbie island is frustrating because the newer players get stomped and the vet players get no challenge.
We are aware that Matchmaking is one of the most important things to our players, and we are working very hard at refining the process so it is more satisfactory to the players. Testing these changes is an extensive process, however, and releasing changes willy-nilly isn't going to make things better. They have to be targeted and effective towards the needs of the community. Some will come more quickly than others. For instance, in the last patch, we released some tweaks to the matchmaking system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamisen View Post
Aside from that, like someone else mentioned, we could also be seeing different game modes, such as CTF, or better handling of premades in MM, or any sort of useful, new content that's not 'another champ', because we're near 50 of those now, with still 1.5 maps and only one game mode. This isn't DOTA anymore, and as a standalone game you have an obligation to provide real content. You don't have the excuse of being a mod anymore, limited by WCIII's engine. Excuses are out the door.
New game modes such as CTF, are extremely, extremely extensive changes that will require extensive use of our programmers. That being said, they are planned, but they're not quick changes. Just a few of the things that they'd require are: new AI scripts for minions and bases (programmers), bug fixes (QA, programmers, and design), new maps (artists), new design themes (design), and bring with them an entirely new subset of balance concerns (design). Not to mention that they need to be integrated into PvP.net (programmers again), and that trouble on any one of these phases could block progress on another. Right now we're focusing on getting ready for season 1, and competitive features also take engineering hours. Patience, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamisen View Post
I'm sorry that Riot doesn't directly pull in any income from making new maps or gametypes like they do for pumping out new characters and useless (albeit pretty) skins, but even with new heroes, playing the same game on the same map while new features are dangled out mysteriously in the future is tiresome.
We're aware that all of these things, however, will drastically boost sales by providing an even higher quality experience for the end user, and we definitely want to include them in he game. However, as new champions and skins do not require engineering hours, we don't see the reason to deny our players additional content that isn't going to delay what they're already waiting for. Look at it this way, would you rather not have new champions to play while you're waiting, or would you rather have a chance to play these new champions and wait the same amount of time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamisen View Post
Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the game, but I think we can all agree things like new maps and new gametypes are better than things like.. a free champ.. or a free skin.. or.. 1 Day IP/EXP Boosts? Who is that really helping?

I want more content and less 'give us your money for a completely superflous feature'. That doesn't seem unreasonable.
The 1 day boost is another example of a feature that can be implemented by existing tools. Implementing this new store item had no effect on the engineering time required for the features that you're waiting for. We definitely want to get this content out the door as soon as we can, but why would we hold back the release of additional content that doesn't block what you're waiting for?