@Riot PAX / Sound Question!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

snowstriker

03-16-2011

Hey guys

I went to PAX, had a blast, and I remember meeting the "sound guy" who I have no idea what his forum handle is (I feel bad about this ). Anyway, you guys had an awesome presentation on the sound of League of Legends, having to do with base voices and the effects you add to them. I found it INCREDIBLY interesting and I'd love love love if you guys had sound spotlights or some form of more information for sound design in LoL. Whether it be for champion VOs or composing the main LoL theme, anything!

Thanks for listening! Keep up the good work "sound guy"!

Eilos

03-17-2011

Yeah! We have art spotlights for new champs, we should have sound spotlights too. Maybe a couple clips of the VAs recording or something?

snowstriker

03-18-2011

Boo no response!

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

03-18-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey snowstriker,

I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation at PAX, it was awesome to meet all you guys, hang out and talk League of Legends. Audio spotlights sound awesome to us, we'll see what we can do!

Captain Alejo

03-18-2011

It was nice getting some insight into the engineering and design process for audio at Riot. Was fun talking with you! (Red Wuju Shirt Guy)

Myrrar

03-18-2011

Hey Jay, we hung out and chatted a lot at PAX. Just wanted to say again I loved the sound demos and all. I friend added you in game, lets play sometime!

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey snowstriker,

I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation at PAX, it was awesome to meet all you guys, hang out and talk League of Legends. Audio spotlights sound awesome to us, we'll see what we can do!
My ears are still ringing from the loud speakers and Kassadin blasting at max volume. I can hear him now in the back of my head calling me! THE BALANCE OF POWER!

Myrrar

03-18-2011

I like how the sound system was so bassy, that during the play demos whenever Nocturne ulted (all the time) it sounded like a thunderstorm was rolling through. You should add that in.. it was like rolling clouds of death rumbling through the whole booth. Pretty fitting.