Eve + Turret = death people

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangu

Senior Member

08-21-2009

I have no idea why her passive was changed where she takes 50% less damage from turrets but I can tell you it is horrible. I don't even feel safe at my own turrets anymore because she can stay there long enough to kill people and have a picnic while waiting for me to return. I think her last passive was great as she could attack people at a turret if other things were there. On a side note half the not feeling safe at my own turrets is partly do to the fact they are doing horrible damage and other then casters (if even them) no one is scared of them anymore.

I had a Jax in my last game chasing a full feasted Cho'gath all the way into the spawn point and finally killed him. He was hit by every turret there and would have made it all the way back out if not for a twitch in the area...this is sad as he has no +health items only attack...maybe that does something for Jax as I have never played him but this was not even level 18 yet more like 15ish.

but back to the point. Eve should not take 50% less damage from turrets.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veridic Rage

Senior Member

08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangu View Post
I have no idea why her passive was changed where she takes 50% less damage from turrets but I can tell you it is horrible. I don't even feel safe at my own turrets anymore because she can stay there long enough to kill people and have a picnic while waiting for me to return. I think her last passive was great as she could attack people at a turret if other things were there. On a side note half the not feeling safe at my own turrets is partly do to the fact they are doing horrible damage and other then casters (if even them) no one is scared of them anymore.

I had a Jax in my last game chasing a full feasted Cho'gath all the way into the spawn point and finally killed him. He was hit by every turret there and would have made it all the way back out if not for a twitch in the area...this is sad as he has no +health items only attack...maybe that does something for Jax as I have never played him but this was not even level 18 yet more like 15ish.

but back to the point. Eve should not take 50% less damage from turrets.
I posted something similar in another thread- and though I am thoroughly enjoying my Evelyn now, I feel it is a bit OP... Chase a champ into a turret- kill him then use my ult to burn down the tower... and still get out alive... champs are usually just arriving as I blow it up and stealth away.

Also nifty that i can use hate spike to hit people with creeps around... and creeps hitting me for 2 at level 8 is sweet too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddiz

Senior Member

08-21-2009

This isn't a problem with evelynn, it is a problem with turrets. They just need to buff them back up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddiz View Post
This isn't a problem with evelynn, it is a problem with turrets. They just need to buff them back up.
Ever played a game when people leave? You can't solo turrets and you get hit for atrocious amounts. By not being able to solo turrets, I mean with the armor buffs you hit for 40 instead of 100+.

As for Eve...why not make it like Sivir, complete chance, when moving, to take 50% less damage from turrets. Oh, wait, Sivir's never seems to work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneManWar

Senior Member

08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddiz View Post
This isn't a problem with evelynn, it is a problem with turrets. They just need to buff them back up.

The first turret had its damage reduced by 3. So technically bringing them back up 3 dmg will effectively do about 1 more damage to Eve per shot. I like the new skil they gave her, the old one was useless. When you go after a champion you generally ARE the closest enemy to the tower, especially as melee. The old ability would have made sense if she was ranged.


Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. She can take a couple tower hits, but she can barely take any spells or physical damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-21-2009

You are wrong. Eve represents a highly handicapped champion due to her completely unfair item counters.

You're only dying to her tower diving because you believe towers are still a safe spot early in the game.

We'll you're wrong. The only safe spot in the whole map is your spawn point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangu

Senior Member

08-21-2009

I have a post in the item section talking about how it is unfair one simple item can ruin the whole aspect of stealth characters. Still does not mean that taking 50% less damage from turrets that already do what seems like **** damage is something that anyone but a tank should do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-21-2009

Eve is a turret diver. Get used to the idea that turrets are no longer a godsend.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangu

Senior Member

08-21-2009

They should be at level one..now they are not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bianary

Senior Member

08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
You are wrong. Eve represents a highly handicapped champion due to her completely unfair item counters.

You're only dying to her tower diving because you believe towers are still a safe spot early in the game.

We'll you're wrong. The only safe spot in the whole map is your spawn point.
A smart Eve will use obstructions and her allies to not care whether you see her right before she murders you or not. If you get completely shut down because you can't just walk up and sit next to someone, it's your problem.

Also, Zileas mentioned in the irc that this passive was not a good idea and probably shouldn't have happened. I would expect it to be changed.


12