AD Teemo: Toggle the Scout!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1337LoL

Member

02-13-2010

Nice guide but id get infinity edge ASAP, the damage out-put is insane (i also do crit %/crit damage runes so)

Also Flash/exhaust is way better imo, rallys cool but someone else can get that, teemo dies very easily and a lot of the time i find it useful to flash>move quick>shroom so u cant get chased but thats kinda an opinion.

But good guide.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
All this proves is you love being gimped early game but failing late game. with my build I will slaughter you late game, and early game you can tower hug with your dorans shield.
do you even know what gimped means? seriously...dont just throw around words

now im not saying i agree with either side about the dorans items and i myself have not used them BUT im pretty sure early game dominance in a game can lead to severe lategame control because of gold/experience and tower downing(its hard to farm when all three outer turrets are down).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

Member

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkii View Post
do you even know what gimped means? seriously...dont just throw around words

now im not saying i agree with either side about the dorans items and i myself have not used them BUT im pretty sure early game dominance in a game can lead to severe lategame control because of gold/experience and tower downing(its hard to farm when all three outer turrets are down).
Oh im sorry im used to anarchy online slang, were gimped means the same as twinked would be for world of warcraft. lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMBlah

Senior Member

02-14-2010

This is a pretty good guide. Teemo is my third favorite champ and ever since I bought him it's been 100% vampiric scepter for the first item.

My only intimation of a frown is where you say that only rally and exhaust are viable for Teemo. Exhaust is 100% legitimate I always get FB with it and Ignite or Rally. Ignite would be good for harassment. AND TELEPORT! I love the ability to teleport to your shrooms wherever they are. When someone feels that they made a great escape... and then they trip and BAM get shot in the face and then scream. Same for stealing lizard buff from people =).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

quitetroublesome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-15-2010

As was said before, your build is expensive up the butt. The only difference between your 2 builds is 1 item, and your 2nd build has 2 of the same item. Having 2 of any item usually fails.
With Teemo I usually rush IE and then get ONLY items that increase my attack speed AND have an on-hit effect. On-hit effects are the way to go.

Here is how I do it:

Heal, Rally, and Faerie Charm + 6 health potions. (Mana potion may be desired)
You should be able to stay in your lane comfortably until you have 1850 gold or more.
Buy a BF sword, and level 1 boots. Keep those boots un-upgraded until you have infinity edge.
I usually go with boots of mobility, but bezerker's greaves are acceptable, to an extent.
Next you're going for phantom dancer.
Once you have Phantom Dancer and Infinity Edge you're pretty much set.
You should be < Level 18.
At this point either go crit %, or attack speed.
If you're going attack speed, aim for on-hit items such as Malady (not reccomended, it fails.), Wit's end, Maldred's Bloodrazors, Sword of the Divine, and Last Whisper or Black Cleaver are acceptable.
Win.
Join another game.
Rinse and repeat as necessary.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

Member

02-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitetroublesome View Post
As was said before, your build is expensive up the butt. The only difference between your 2 builds is 1 item, and your 2nd build has 2 of the same item. Having 2 of any item usually fails.
With Teemo I usually rush IE and then get ONLY items that increase my attack speed AND have an on-hit effect. On-hit effects are the way to go.

Here is how I do it:

Heal, Rally, and Faerie Charm + 6 health potions. (Mana potion may be desired)
You should be able to stay in your lane comfortably until you have 1850 gold or more.
Buy a BF sword, and level 1 boots. Keep those boots un-upgraded until you have infinity edge.
I usually go with boots of mobility, but bezerker's greaves are acceptable, to an extent.
Next you're going for phantom dancer.
Once you have Phantom Dancer and Infinity Edge you're pretty much set.
You should be < Level 18.
At this point either go crit %, or attack speed.
If you're going attack speed, aim for on-hit items such as Malady (not reccomended, it fails.), Wit's end, Maldred's Bloodrazors, Sword of the Divine, and Last Whisper or Black Cleaver are acceptable.
Win.
Join another game.
Rinse and repeat as necessary.
attack speed won't get you far unless your twitch.
Teemo's poisen isn't like twitch, and its only good with enough ap but building ap fails ever since teemo was nerfed.
My build doesn't cost so much money, the only issue here is that you people can't get enough kills to pay for all these items.
youd rather spend a ton of money on noob **** that only helps early to mid game.
My build slaughters late game, and your build helps you live early game, whos got the last laugh?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

leonhart83

Senior Member

02-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
attack speed won't get you far unless your twitch.
Teemo's poisen isn't like twitch, and its only good with enough ap but building ap fails ever since teemo was nerfed.
My build doesn't cost so much money, the only issue here is that you people can't get enough kills to pay for all these items.
youd rather spend a ton of money on noob **** that only helps early to mid game.
My build slaughters late game, and your build helps you live early game, whos got the last laugh?
The late game vs early game is argument is a little stupid. If you lose early game badly enough (as in you versus a decent team) you can't have an awesome late game. Either because you lose due to the snowballing affect or your items that are awesome have come too late. Late game is not always guaranteed, early game is. If you don't believe what I am saying is true then just don't use the argument and I will look past it.

I am not trying to start a war here and I appreciate anyone who wants help other people with guides etc, but by saying that Doran's Items are **** just makes yourself seem noob. The only downside that you have stated pretty much is that you lose 200g. Which is pretty much 1 group of minions. I mean we aren't alistar here we can farm pretty well. 9 times out of 10 if I mirror a Teemo that doesn't have Doran's they are in heaps of trouble and require constant ganking to have a chance.

I use Doran's Shield on all my mains Trist/Nasus/Jax/Teemo/ I don't use it for Cho/Ashe/Tryn.

Anyways long story short, whether you build works bagging Doran's is not going to earn you any respect. I am going to quote someone (don't remember who that is) but they said to me, the quicker you learn that Doran's is better than Vampiric Scepter as a starting item the closer you will get to high tier. I have never looked back.

I also don't know why people have hate for Malady as well. Very cheap and has its uses. My build is below to be fair so you can critque me as well.

1. Dorans Shield + Hpot
2. Mercury Treds / Berserker Greeves
3. Malady
4. Wits End / Executioners Calling / Last Whisper
5. Infinity Edge / Black Cleaver / Bloodthirster

ArmorPen/Crit Chance/AS/Health for runes
Cleanse/Exhaust for spells
21/9/0 for Masteries.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

Member

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonhart83 View Post
The late game vs early game is argument is a little stupid. If you lose early game badly enough (as in you versus a decent team) you can't have an awesome late game. Either because you lose due to the snowballing affect or your items that are awesome have come too late. Late game is not always guaranteed, early game is. If you don't believe what I am saying is true then just don't use the argument and I will look past it.

I am not trying to start a war here and I appreciate anyone who wants help other people with guides etc, but by saying that Doran's Items are **** just makes yourself seem noob. The only downside that you have stated pretty much is that you lose 200g. Which is pretty much 1 group of minions. I mean we aren't alistar here we can farm pretty well. 9 times out of 10 if I mirror a Teemo that doesn't have Doran's they are in heaps of trouble and require constant ganking to have a chance.

I use Doran's Shield on all my mains Trist/Nasus/Jax/Teemo/ I don't use it for Cho/Ashe/Tryn.

Anyways long story short, whether you build works bagging Doran's is not going to earn you any respect. I am going to quote someone (don't remember who that is) but they said to me, the quicker you learn that Doran's is better than Vampiric Scepter as a starting item the closer you will get to high tier. I have never looked back.

I also don't know why people have hate for Malady as well. Very cheap and has its uses. My build is below to be fair so you can critque me as well.

1. Dorans Shield + Hpot
2. Mercury Treds / Berserker Greeves
3. Malady
4. Wits End / Executioners Calling / Last Whisper
5. Infinity Edge / Black Cleaver / Bloodthirster

ArmorPen/Crit Chance/AS/Health for runes
Cleanse/Exhaust for spells
21/9/0 for Masteries.
If your a pro teemo getting kills shouldn't be an issue, wich makes getting gold not an issue.
By saying dorans items suck doesn't make me seem like a noob, only to other noobs.
the fact that you build your items with dorans low tier stuff makes you a noob, and im saying this because its not only a loss of 200gold but doesn't uppgrade into anything.
My build uppgrades into items fast, and provides a great mid to late game.
When ever i've played pro premades against another pro premades, his dorans **** vs my vampiric scepter I have more skill on my side, who cares if he has more survival, i harass him more getting rid of that bonus HP he just had, and then the advantage is on my side.
Also, any pro game i've played its gone out very long, late game, so getting this items were never an issue for me. just by saying these items cost to much goes to show how many kills you don't get in a game like i do.

people hate malady because attack speed is for twitch, ap teemo doesn't scale like it used to, so poisen maxing on attack speed sucks.
its all about AD and dodge as far as im concerned, teemo plays the most important rule of killing off all the ads in the enemys team, if you can't pull that off because your damage is low from maxing out attaack speed your useless to the team.
Teemo as it is can't do a ton of damage without shrooming the **** out of people, so blind and exhaust is his best offense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-16-2010

T0ggle... Get off the forums and start our game...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

Member

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blux View Post
T0ggle... Get off the forums and start our game...
hahahaha dude aren't you happy now that I got us both 2 good wins as shaco/fiddle.
worth the wait am i right?