Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[STRATEGY] To WIN a LOSING game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

macsauce

02-10-2010

This simple strategy applies to your game if you meet any of the following conditions:

-You've downed 1-2 turrets, and they're working on your inhibitors.
-Your team just plain sucks.
-You are playing 4v5.
-They've got 2 or more carries that are just completely stomping your team.
-People on your team give up and say 'GG' within the first 15 minutes

Its happened to everyone. Maybe your team is just having a bad game, maybe its a MM flaw, maybe youre fighting a really good pre-made.

Here goes.....

GROUP UP AND PUSH MID.

Hope for the 1% chance your team comes out on top with an ACE.

Stay in a pack, DO NOT jungle, DO NOT defend other towers.

JUST PUSH and hope for a game changing group battle.

It works.

ninjajakem

02-10-2010

To turn the tide of game when you are out leveled, outplayed, etc, YOU NEED TO PLAY DEFENSIVE.

What I mean is this:
-Stay close to tower, if the tower is going to fall, RUN. Don't die to try to save your tower for a few more minutes.
-Once they push to base, start chipping away at their health while keeping creeps off the towers. This is the hardest part, especially if they have a healer.
-Once you have harassed them enough, get your whole team together and attack. Ideally they will overpush into your tower so you get bonus tower damage. Once you have killed 1 of them, it should snowball into a nice counter push.

Repeat this until you are equal in level (probably 18), it will take FOREVER but it is your only chance at winning.

Generally once we get 1 of them down, a couple will die soon after and we just push like mad. The crucial part here is watching their respawn timers and running away at the right time. If more than 1 or 2 of you die in the counter-push, its GG.

Ekitchi

02-10-2010

This is to do only when all other option will definitely fail.

Please, if things are not to bad, do not push, defend, kill when they push, and ONLY THEN push.
I can't count the games were the other team got a little advantage over mine and people in my team just kept trying to push, ended up getting killed, and thus increasing the difference.

When your team is a little behind, make sure you have some kind of positioning or number advantage when picking up a team fight. Otherwise, it will most of the time increase the other team's chance of winning.

Edit: ninjajakem was quicker than me ^^

Vellios

02-10-2010

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=56202

nicosharp

02-10-2010

or you can wait and pray for a disconnect, seems the gods keep blessing other teams with this method of winning games I am creaming them in, as a friend or random disconnects and never comes back, and forces us to fight odds.

SaiBot

Recruiter

02-10-2010

In a losing scenario, a lot of ppl tend to defend. Which is wrong.

LoL is not a defensive game and In a very few amount of games you'll be able to come back. It really depends on your ELO bracket cause if ppl are good enough, there is no way back.

The best strategy for a desperate comeback ive found in my 500+ games if to sneak to baron and hope that they wont catch you.

macsauce

02-10-2010

Quote:
ninjajakem:
To turn the tide of game when you are out leveled, outplayed, etc, YOU NEED TO PLAY DEFENSIVE.

What I mean is this:
-Stay close to tower, if the tower is going to fall, RUN. Don't die to try to save your tower for a few more minutes.
-Once they push to base, start chipping away at their health while keeping creeps off the towers. This is the hardest part, especially if they have a healer.
-Once you have harassed them enough, get your whole team together and attack. Ideally they will overpush into your tower so you get bonus tower damage. Once you have killed 1 of them, it should snowball into a nice counter push.

Repeat this until you are equal in level (probably 18), it will take FOREVER but it is your only chance at winning.

Generally once we get 1 of them down, a couple will die soon after and we just push like mad. The crucial part here is watching their respawn timers and running away at the right time. If more than 1 or 2 of you die in the counter-push, its GG.

COULDNT BE MORE WRONG

This is called dragging the game out. Don't waste everyones time for a slow defense. Go for the make or break strategy. Who wants to drag out a losing game 'FOREVER"?

Raiden27d

02-10-2010

Quote:
macsauce:
COULDNT BE MORE WRONG

This is called dragging the game out. Don't waste everyones time for a slow defense. Go for the make or break strategy. Who wants to drag out a losing game 'FOREVER"?

Ignoring you, he's very much right. I lose many games because my team mates are too dimwitted to hug an effin tower instead of overextend and get ganked all for a few creep kills. I've done it before, it's been done to me before when my team has the advantage. Playing defensively makes the difference, period.

ninjajakem

02-10-2010

Quote:
SaiBot:

LoL is not a defensive game and In a very few amount of games you'll be able to come back. It really depends on your ELO bracket cause if ppl are good enough, there is no way back.

Although I do agree, you have to play defensively and wait for them to make a mistake. The longer you drag the game out, the more chances you have for them to make a mistake.

@macsauce - Sure you can go with the make or break strategy and win maybe 5% of the losing games, or you can wait it out and win 25% of games where you were losing. I'll take the 20% advantage, thanks.

Traced

02-10-2010

I think part of your post needs to be underlined, made bold, and the font size needs to be increased to 100.

"Stay in a pack, DO NOT jungle, DO NOT defend other towers."

I carry a 80/20 ratio, and almost every PUG loss is some happy go lucky n00b playing with mobs when you are trying to keep up with the balance of power.

Do those of you who do this HONESTLY think you are magically going to get better then the fed carry? Do you really? No, seriously, explain it to me. This isn't World of Warcraft where you just whack the same mob a million times to get better. It will NEVER work at this stage of the game. It takes a organized team to properly start taking the power back. You are not being part of the team if you are humping the magical green tree next to the mob you want. And yes, the opposing team will find you (They can count, 5 champs total minus 1...muahaha I bet their n00b is at that tree again!), and you will be raped, as you /all *rage* that your team sucks for not backing you up.

Good post macsauce.

ninjajakem's strategy is completely correct when you are out leveled. Play defense if they managed to run up 3-4 levels by the 30 minute mark is a must. It won't really help you end game much though, or if the players are obviously more talented then your team. A well skilled team will get you down if you are by a tower or not. I don't think your percentages are correct though ninja. I'd say both of the strategies are extremely equal when it comes to not losing a struggling match. Team work is essential, which both of you made a point of.

Just my two cents. Enjoy it, you homeless bast*rds.