How to Succeed in Solo Queue: A short guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gcowhsu

03-16-2011

The most import thing about being "good" at this game is knowing all the champions and what they can do. Being able to play more then 1 champion is a bonus.

malphismia

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcowhsu View Post
Being able to play more then 1 champion is a bonus.
No it's not. What if your champ is already taken or banned in normal, or ranked. What then?

Booterang

03-22-2011

Bumping this guide. Feel it could be useful if more read it.

SullenEyes

03-22-2011

Great guide!

Train Wrëx

03-23-2011

Awsome guide. very solid all around advice for anyone wanting to improve their game. I hope you will expand this guide when you are able to.

BatGuano

03-23-2011

Teamfighting happens in the field, not in teamchat.

Moriggin

03-23-2011

Very good info - thank you. :-)

Booterang

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcowhsu View Post
The most import thing about being "good" at this game is knowing all the champions and what they can do. Being able to play more then 1 champion is a bonus.
Agreed, General knowledge is key. Thats why I say to play alot of champions. The knowledge you gain from playing a character versus just fighting them is huge. You start to realize their limitations and can do better as a result. I used to hate fighting pantheon, so I picked him up and played a few games with him. I found that after he uses his Heartseeker strike, his damage was effectively nill, so even if you had lowish hitpoints, you should take the opportunity to punish him. I also learned to dodge heartseeker strike by moving to the side rather then backwards.

It is important to play characters you feel comfortable with, and that you are skilled with. If you are capable of constantly winning with a single character, by all means keep playing that character. Keep in mind however that sometimes you will be bottom pick, or someone else may pick your character. Yes you may absolutely own with Katarina, but if you have 2 APs on your team, you better not pick her!

xSiBx

03-23-2011

Nice tips well written guide

Millerduo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2011

I look forward to seeing a more complete and comprehensive guide.