Optimal renekton build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorbon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeOfMcLovin View Post
I usually build renek to be a bursty phys hero. First item is doran shield, that + your cull will keep you in the lane for a very long time. Next I pick up boots + sheen and after I finish whichever upgraded boots I need I work towards a bf sword which gets turned into a black cleaver. From there pick up a defensive item, whichever the game dictates, and finish off your tri-force.

11/19/0 is the way I go for masteries. Picking up both attack speed talents in each tree, and the arpen in offensive.

runes = arpen marks + quints, armor yellows, cdr blues.

this leaves you with high burst, reasonably sustainable auto attacks, mobility, survivability, and very good early-mid game arpen.

The good thing about Renek though is there's more than a couple sucessful ways to build him, this is just one. It all depends on your playstyle. He can be built very tanky too.
I'm confused like a boss by this, as the setup actually has no extra mobility whatsoever. You don't build boots like a boss with everybody?

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorbon View Post
I'm confused like a boss by this, as the setup actually has no extra mobility whatsoever. You don't build boots like a boss with everybody?
You use "like a boss" too much.

Moving on... he builds boots as per that post, and technically Triforce does grant bonus movespeed seeing as one of the components is a Zeal. Whether that's enough to say that one of his build's strong points is "mobility" is still probably a stretch.

Sergeant Dragon

03-18-2011

I usually start off with doran's blade. I find that the extra atk is just enough to ensure kills with my full combo for me early on. I'm much less survivable yes, but I feel that I pick my situations to charge in very well.

Then my build usually goes in this order:

Ionian boots
The Brutalizer
Phage
Frozen Mallet or GA. I get both of these, but which one comes first depends whether we're doing well, or if my team needs me more.
Then I finish ghostblade.
After that I get Trinity Force.
Then I'll sell doran's blade and replace it with Bloodthirsters or Executioners or w/e the situation calls for.

My main goal with this build is to really lay the passive slows on an enemy. I like playing renekton as a chaser. With a whole lot of CDR to keep his dash and stun on the ready, a lil extra atk dmg, MS, and survivability to maximize my presence, all combined with the several passive slows for good measure, very few people escape my ulti along with my combo in their face all the time.

Wisewind

03-18-2011

the most consistent results I get with him is going Sunfire and Spirit Visage as his core with CD boots, but i haven't played him in a while so Im not really sure what is optimal

C00LST0RYBR0