-==is LUX worth the time?==-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arrow in my knee

03-16-2011

she is worth the time if you build her right. this is how i build her

Dorans Ring

Tears of the goddess

Mejais Soulstealer(if your not doing good later in the game, sell it and build for a Rylai's Crystal Scepter)

Rod of ages to make her less squishy(sell the dorans ring when you are about to finish the RoA build)

Void staff

Archangel's Staff

Rabadons Deathcap

TGTheProdigy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsun6262 View Post
she is worth the time if you build her right. this is how i build her

Dorans Ring

Tears of the goddess

Mejais Soulstealer(if your not doing good later in the game, sell it and build for a Rylai's Crystal Scepter)

Rod of ages to make her less squishy(sell the dorans ring when you are about to finish the RoA build)

Void staff

Archangel's Staff

Rabadons Deathcap
Archangels is such a waste on her. Get a sheen instead and profit.

Lycade

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizdro View Post

CONS:

Her passive becomes ignorable end-game.

What? Set her up correctly, and with Lich Bane, that passive + lich hits rather hard..

Lancefighter

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureagony View Post
Really? There are better nukes, better stuns, better shields and better supports than Lux. We only like playing her because you get all those things in one character rather than three.
Sure, veigar can nuke better and stun better, but he also must be closer.
Anivia can do similarly.. but again, distance.

Lux is definitely a more supporty nuker, but she is amazing at what she does when used right.

Look at ashe - ashe is supposed to be a dps, but she has no AD or AS steroid. She has no escape.. nothing that makes her a particularly amazing dps carry. However, she has her frost shot and her hawkshot, and her ult. She is an amazing utility dps. When compared to trist, who has an AS steroid, a pretty long ranged jump, a heal reduction dot, and a knockback... ashe just doesnt compare with trists dps. Its ashe's utility that makes her useful.

I see lux very similarly. She is not the best support. She is not the best nuker. But if you want to do both, in style, lux is who you use.

Hawkwolf

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGTheProdigy View Post
Archangels is such a waste on her. Get a sheen instead and profit.
Archangel staff is actually pretty good on her. I get it not only for a nice early ap boost but I never worry about mana afterwards. Also if you notice sheen does only your base attack in extra damage. Lux tend not to have a whole of of base attack damage.

Shpacuh

03-16-2011

what i get is
-dorans ring
-archangel's staff
-mejias
-luchbane
-rabadon's deathcap
-shoes
-sell dorans then get another rabadon or void staff or situational

what u think?

Hawkwolf

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjou5 View Post
what i get is
-dorans ring
-archangel's staff
-mejias
-luchbane
-rabadon's deathcap
-shoes
-sell dorans then get another rabadon or void staff or situational

what u think?
Honestly I woud get shoes before the staff. Since you are very squishy having some speed helps out a lot. I tend to get my movement 2 boots before even getting tear. Also I am not sure stacking two deathcaps would work. I would see about finding room for some good cd items in there. either frozen heart (if you want some armor) or the evil tome. But that is my opinion.

Cenerae

03-16-2011

I've been copycatting Roku's build on Lux, and it feels a lot more effective than any other builds I've tried.

He usually goes Sorc shoes, Mejai's, Deathcap, Morello's (not necessarily in that order, it depends on whether he has a good early game or not), then void staff or some other situational item depending on how the game's turning out. With Lux's awesome range, you can actually get away with being a glass cannon. If you're close enough to get targeted, you're doing it wrong.

Hawkwolf

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
If you're close enough to get targeted, you're doing it wrong.
THAT is how i think with her as well. And I have been checking Roku's builds as well. He changes it around a bit.

Shpacuh

03-17-2011

what is the link to his build?