-==is LUX worth the time?==-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shpacuh

03-15-2011

i just picked her up and so far i've been enjoying her but the thing is i wanted a champ that i would be able to play in rank games and not sucking. is she good enough?

Cenerae

03-15-2011

If you can get a handle on landing all of her skills effectively, she's a good champion. If you can't then she is terrible.

She likely won't be able to carry her team (though it can be done), but her burst aoe damage is good, her lazer is insanely spammable, her shield is good if she hits several people with it, and her long range means she can do everything from complete safety. The only downside is her non-ultimate skills having relatively long cooldowns, so you need to make them count.

Doriantv

03-15-2011

Lux is a top-tier caster that's frequently picked in many games, she's a good champion, Viable in both solo and duo lanes, and a real nuisance to face in a game.

Feminist Leona

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
Lux is a top-tier caster that's frequently picked in many games, she's a good champion, Viable in both solo and duo lanes, and a real nuisance to face in a game.
Please don't say she's top tier. I am a Lux player, and I can be more honest than that. As I have said elsewhere, she's T2/T3/T3/T4. So on average, she's T3. That's not "top teir."

She is definitely viable though. Also, a lot of her skill shots help you with other champions. For example, after using Finales Funkeln continuously, my Ashe Frost Arrows improved dramatically.

So yes, she's worth the time.

Lancefighter

03-16-2011

shes my go to caster nowadays - aoe shield, tons of longranged support abilities, and an amazing laneperson. And a giant lazer.

If i were to assign teirs, she would definately be t0. shes THAT good.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2011

She is amazing, and my favourite ranked champion (I have a 78% win rate currently of 15/4)

If you consistently hit your spells (they aren't that hard) you are a great team asset.

wizdro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2011

She's a solid solo-que pick if you know what you are doing. I can't speak for rank, but the cons in my list make me assume she is probably not the top-most tier.

PROS:
She is versatile; she can solo mid or side-lane with a carry or tank very well.
She is a great pusher and farmer because all her spells are AoE.
She doesn't require too much mana regen because of her medium-cost spells and long cooldown timers.
Her range is very long, so you can stay out of the fray most fights while still contributing.
Her ult is nearly as spammable as her other abilities, so she feels more offensive than most supports.
Her passive is often overlooked; the built-in Lichbane does significant damage early and mid-game.
She has 2 CC's; Snare and slow.
Her support spell is AoE, and applies TWICE. That is a LOT of damage mitigation in a team-fight.
Your skillshots allow you to test every bush.
Your spells, especially your ult, can steal buffs including Baron from under peoples noses.
Her ult gets runners.

CONS:
Her abilities have long cooldowns; without cooldown reduction you are simply not at your full potential.
Items that give cooldown eat into your Ability power, so you have to prioritize.
Her passive becomes ignorable end-game.
All her spells are AoEs, so she lacks real single-target carry power. Don't expect to kill good tanks or tanky DPSers ever.
Your Ultimate is easily nerfed with Banshee's Veil.
Because she lacks consistent damage, enemies with magic defense can almost ignore your endgame.
Splitting between CDR and AP items leaves little room for defensive items.

I'm sure I could think of more to add to both, but you get the picture.

Resilga

03-16-2011

Lux is some of the most fun I've had in LoL.

Never gonna give her up.
Never gonna let her down.

Feminist Leona

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancefighter View Post
shes my go to caster nowadays - aoe shield, tons of longranged support abilities, and an amazing laneperson. And a giant lazer.

If i were to assign teirs, she would definately be t0. shes THAT good.
Really? There are better nukes, better stuns, better shields and better supports than Lux. We only like playing her because you get all those things in one character rather than three.

tigerllama

03-16-2011

She's fairly overlooked. While not a must have support pick (gahhh... Janna is annoying), she can fare quite well in a general team comp and is very much desired in others. I don't really see her as a bad choice when it comes around to choosing a support.