Is Corki a Yordle?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Corki is a yordle as is Heimerdinger even though they don't really look like yordles.

In fact their odd appearance may be somehow connected.....
Heimerdinger invented razors and Coki was the first test subject after himself?

Sageoffire

02-02-2013

My personal opinion is that yordles are furry little creatures. Teemo, Rumble, Kennen, and Ziggs.

Then there are the non-furry blueish skinned little creatures. Lulu, Poppy, and Tristana; they arent yordles, but they are related. I call em meglings, since that used to be a thing.

there are small humans that i wouldnt say are related to yordles at all. These would be Amumu, Corki, Nunu and Annie.

Veigar and Heimer are tough to place.
Presumably, Veigar is not a yordle or a megling, since he has a much smaller build than them. so that would leave him as a little human, or something entirely different. hard to really say with his hidden, everything.
Heimer also has a much smaller build so i wouldnt place him as a yordle or megling either. He does seem somewhat humanish to me even with that ... hair? exposed brain? spaghetti?

oh, and fizz is something related to a fish

The doom koala

02-02-2013

Fizz is what happened when Rumble met Nami at the beach.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Quote:
Corki is a yordle as is Heimerdinger even though they don't really look like yordles.

Seriously, stop.

Stop shooting **** like it's supposed to be lore and then pretend you are doing your job when you've failed to deliver actual lore for a year now.

These kinds of meaningless tidbits don't help the matter and all you do is make yourself look like a fool while we desperately try to make sense of something that popped in your mind when you bothered to look at the forums for the month.

Managable

02-03-2013

Quote:

Well, Heimerdinger actually works being a Yordle. He did an experiment to increase his head size or something of that nature, right? I may be wrong.

Blizzmaster

02-11-2013

Quote:

You know, I would quite honestly just prefer that we have some visual consistency for Yordles. Let's clearly define what makes a Yordle and be done with this. No more of this nonsense where some Yordles have 3 fingers, some have 4, some have cat noses, some don't, some have cat ears, some don't.

Lionant

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzmaster View Post
You know, I would quite honestly just prefer that we have some visual consistency for Yordles. Let's clearly define what makes a Yordle and be done with this. No more of this nonsense where some Yordles have 3 fingers, some have 4, some have cat noses, some don't, some have cat ears, some don't.
I'm assuming there are different races of Yordles. In the same way that no two humans look the same, no two Yordles look the same. I understand that you're annoyed that they all look so different, but on the other hand, it would probably be really boring and kind of unrealistic if all Yordles looked exactly the same. And they do have some common themes - the males are furrier and usually have a mane of some sort, and the females have smooth skin.

kitae

Lead Designer

02-11-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

To be clear

Teemo is a prototypical male Yordle, Tristana is a prototypical female.

Yordles do have a lot of variety but we will probably not release another heimer or corki. Ziggs is a good example of a unique looking Yordle who still looks like a Yordle. We prefer this approach.

This is intention but you never know if someone comes up with an awesome new Yordle variation we would do it,.

Stexe

Adjudicator

02-11-2013

Quote:
but we will probably not release another heimer or corki
=( That makes me sad.

I always thought we should see more variety of Yordles from just the most recent furry miniature cat-like things. Corki and Heimer bring so much character and flavor to Yordles...

Vinta Calvert

02-11-2013

Quote:
To be clear

Teemo is a prototypical male Yordle, Tristana is a prototypical female.

Yordles do have a lot of variety but we will probably not release another heimer or corki. Ziggs is a good example of a unique looking Yordle who still looks like a Yordle. We prefer this approach.

This is intention but you never know if someone comes up with an awesome new Yordle variation we would do it,.
I would really like to see a female animal Yordle. If you're going to have both types for the males, you should have both types for the ladies too.