Lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hamza khan

07-14-2014

Hi,
I read up that the good people at Riot were looking for a replacement for the 'Journals of Justice'. My suggestion is that you guys cannot give depth to every character, as you would like to, in a compact Journal, Diary, Biograpgy, etc. So my solution to the problem would be to update every characters lore with each new skin. As each new skin would represent a phase or point in a champions life.
As for festive skins such as, Striker Lucian or Super Teemo. Such skins can be mere spin-offs not requiring lore updates.
This is my solution to the problem as it would allow your writers the free hand to go into depth with each champion and would give League players a more deeper connection to their champions.
Also If I posted this in the wrong section. Please do move it to the correct section.

SchaakaKon

07-14-2014

Are you saying that each skin would have a lore tab of its own? Not a bad idea but it would be limiting (skinwise). We couldnt have skins like Artic Ops Varus, Ice Dragon Shyvana or Battlecast ChoGath ect.. If Riot was making more than 1or2 skins a month they could release canon skins along side the others.

The only canon skins that come to mind are Pre Void Kass and the Blood Moons

Sharjo

07-14-2014

Quote:
Are you saying that each skin would have a lore tab of its own? Not a bad idea but it would be limiting (skinwise). We couldnt have skins like Artic Ops Varus, Ice Dragon Shyvana or Battlecast ChoGath ect.. If Riot was making more than 1or2 skins a month they could release canon skins along side the others.

The only canon skins that come to mind are Pre Void Kass and the Blood Moons
Queen Ashe, King Tryndamere, Tyrant Swain, Nurse Akali and all the Pentakill Skins. Though the last one is likely to change at some point.

I think Justicar Aatrox is also cannon, but not in the same way as other cannon skins, because the skin represents his depiction in the modern world, and not what he actually looks like. It's a finctional re-creation of him that exists in the lore, if that makes sense.

hamza khan

07-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaakaKon View Post
Are you saying that each skin would have a lore tab of its own? Not a bad idea but it would be limiting (skinwise). We couldnt have skins like Artic Ops Varus, Ice Dragon Shyvana or Battlecast ChoGath ect..
No each skin would not have it's own tab the lore of the champion would be updated. I do not see how it would be limiting, please do explain. Also the skins that you have mentioned and others like it I already covered in "Festive Skins". So really the writers at Riot do not need to update the lore with the spin-off skins just with the canon ones. Deciding which skins will be canon and which will be spin-offs, that is the job of the writers at Riot.