Jungle Nocturne help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

USS BUTTPEE

03-15-2011

Starting at Blue is possible but it's really sketchy. I'm going 21/0/9 with Health Quints, AS Blues, Apen reds, Mana Regen per level yellows. Presumably armor seals will make it work better. Basically, you have to make sure umbra blades is up before starting every creep camp after blue. Smite is a necessity, you'll end up finishing Blue with VERY little health left. Afterwards, wait for one of your pots to go through so you have some extra health and umbra blades up before starting wolves. After that it's standard jungle pattern.

This pattern is very easy to counter jungle though, I woud seriously recommend leashing.

Clear time: 4:30

Harbin

03-15-2011

...Uh, with my method, starting at blue is easy. You just need the proper runes for it. It is always easy to counterjungle someone unless they're warwick/nunu. Leashing is always recommended. Makes it pitiably easy.

jahance5

03-16-2011

I've jungled just fine with noc starting at blue. I do things very screwy though. My masteries are 14/16/0 and my rune page is AS 10%, crit chance 10%, and crit damage 10%. Cloth armor and 5 pots. I've killed the blue with more than half health w/o leash from mid. I actually don't like the leash, because the monsters move, and I can't line up my umbra blades to hit all of them. Obviously start with Q, then W,Q,E. Now if you noticed I have 0 utility, so I save red for when I gank, because I don't run out of mana anyway.

My order goes: Blue (with smite)(and it's very important when getting blue to line it up so umbra blades hit all 3. The adds actually die before the golem does) > wolves > wraiths > golems(with smite) > B (buy w/e and 2 more pots) > red > gankopotomous time!

By then, I'm level 4 with 3/4 health and a red buff when I start ganking. If lanes are all pushed, I miserably failed at dragon, so don't try that.

I can see how having all attack masteries work, but I'm defensively minded and my best champs are tanks. I like the survivability offered by the extra 48 health and damage reduction to ensure things go smoothly. I actually went and played a custom game to time my progress, and you B at 4 minutes, and have red and can be at gank bush in 5 and a half minutes. The duo bot lane is usually still level 3 at that point, turning 4 as you get there.

Kipogami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

He can jungle,He doesn't have to however,Have played over 40 games with him so far and 4/5 i get FB,Have also played Mid with him and dominated a cocky Mord,A rather skilled Cait,Vlad,Kat;was the easiest as she has no power early,Wait to lvl 2 before you rush them for fear,Only thing is he consumes ALOT of mana,Be sure to grab Dorans Blade/Sheild-1mana Pot If mid,Try get an Early kill ( Let them push to turret,Q chase down E,Ghost ignite generally die,Go back grab boots/Zerk greaves depending on how early you killed and have farmed + as many mana pots as u can afford)Only thing i found with mid is you cannot gank as much as you need to be there most of the time or they push it.
Basically all i am saying is you get more gold from laning as Noc earlier than jungling,He dominates most champs thus getting more viable items for ganking earlier.Usually have Boots+Brut+BF by 12 Mins or so.
Runeset for laning-ARpen Marks + Quints,Seals/Glyphs AS,=25ARpen,13%AS

Junosa

03-17-2011

While I have not yet played Nocturne and therefore my views are based on observation from others and not personal experience, I have seen that his health drops below a good point on blue buff and is rune/mastery specific in need to due the blue buff. If your team can keep good tabs on the enemy and you do not get ganked in your jungle then Nocturne jungles fast and ganks well, but he is very vulnerable and needs his blue to have good speed in jungle. His effectiveness is based on not being harassed. God help you if Alistar or Poppy are roaming and looking for you in your Jungle.

PaperKut

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbin View Post
I'm currently testing Nocturne in jungle.

So far:
Masteries:21/0/9
Runes:AS Marks/Flat Armor Seals/AS Glyphs/AS Quints
Skills: Q/W/Q/E
Clear time: 3:38
Results in a full jungle clear without any major problems. Comes out fairly low. I'm continuing to test. Will try full aspd, arpen/aspd, arpen/armor.
You dont need that much Attack speed. I cleared jungle at 3:40 with 21/0/9 with Armor Pen red/Armor yellows/AS blues/AS Quints.

I think with that much AS it kills his burst dmg potential. Also he has good atkspeed already.

I dont run the same route as everyone else though. Everyone seems to start at golem or 4 wraiths or even wolves. I start at 2 golem, smite 1 > Q then hit lvl 2 after killing the second golem which is a little under 2:00. Move to 4 wraiths > wolves then blue golem, by then your smite would be up again to smite golem and help you take it quick. From there move to red buff and ding to lvl 4 after killing red which at about 3:40 and jungle would have been cleared. From there you can Blue pill back to base for full health and buy boots to gank or you can even go to 2 golems right away since they will be up and smite will be up in about 6-10 sec to finish off the second golem. You should be at about 1 bar of life or a little over 1 1/2 after 2 golems. It depends on you but you could clear 4 wraiths right after that since they will be up but it is a risk then after that you could do 3 wolves and ding after killing one of the wolves then the rest. Then your pretty much lvl 5 at a little over 4:00.

Ive been thinking about doing blue golem with out using smite on him and saving it for red buff right after. Maybe ill end up with more health after doing red. Ill give that a try later today when i get home. My route isnt the easiest because you have to be good at putting out the most dmg you can and position yourself properly (ie. your umber blade has to hit all the mobs when it activates.) and the route after red is dependent on if you land that crit somewhere along the run and kill things faster. but otherwise getting to red with my route is simple enough.

But to be real right when you get red you should look for a gank. You should also have all your spells besides your ult to make a gank possible. But if theres no gank possible then just keep jungleing.

liergaard

03-17-2011

I have
AS marks
Armor Seals
CDR/lvl Glyphs
1 health Quint
2 ArmorPen Quints
Smite/Ghost

And I always have someone help me get blue to start off with, otherwise I can't do it.
If I don't have help, yeah I'd start at golems and then get blue, continue from there.

xBoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

Get someone from top to help with it if possible.Ive gotten blue alone but i had REALLY low health afterwards, i usually end up waiting for my red pot to finish before i go to wolves

Blue > Wolves > Wraiths > Mini golems > Red
I usually finish in 4 minutes

-armor pen mark
-AS seals
-MR glyphs(i know doesnt help but go figure)
-Armor pen quints
-cloth
-5 pots(use em as soon as blue hits you)

athan

03-19-2011

well, if you do notice in phreak's champ spotlights, urgot was actually tanking blue for him and when he was at wraiths, wheres the blue one!!

so he kinda needs a little help early on if you want to do blue safely at the start.

Lairai

03-20-2011

dv