Jungle Nocturne help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrogoftheSea

03-15-2011

Hey, I must be doing something wrong. Do I need certain runes to actual jungle with this champ?

Cloth armor + health potions and I can't get blue for the life of me. I'm thinking I'm just lacking attack speed runes?

Can anyone shed some light.

S Fate

03-15-2011

Start at wolves or golem, B, then go for blue, wolves, to golem, then b or take red.

TwchTvSlitelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

Hi, I've had Nocturne for a few hours now and I've solely been making practice games and testing around 40 different jungle paths/skill combos and what I've found so far is that:

Armor Pen work best (24), they scale with Umbral blades and your Q abilities enhanced damage from standing on the shadow path.

For yellow/blue I use dodge/Magic Resist, using Armor/CDR would be better.

20/0/10 masteries for neutral buffs.

Now, even with all this I've found that successfully jungling blue buff early game is NOT viable whatsoever. Popping a pot and using duskbringer puts your damage at level 1 up to 80, with around .628 attack speed. Your Umbral Blade will hit for 96 on 3 targets and heal you for 45. You'll have around 16 Healing per second and with all this you will BARELY, and sometimes not, kill the blue golem and the 2 adds.

Also, you can try starting with shroud of darkness (attack speed) to get more Umbral procs. This works even worse because your healing per second with a potion rolling only rises up to 19, but your damage output is MUCH worse making the fact that you're healing more completely null.

Starting with the fear sounds like a good idea, but it puts you in the same boat as duskbringer where it's iffy.

Also, trying the exact same build as above with attack speed runes and all 3 different strategies pulled worse results.

TL;DR
You can't jungle starting with blue efficiently; what I've found to be best is to start at little golems > Wraiths > Wolves > enemy wraiths (if possible) > enemy little golems (possible) > Your blue golem. I've successfully done this in around 5-6 minutes with cloth armor + 5 HP pots with skill order: Q W Q W....

Hope this helped

nocturnhabeo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

and buying him don't care if they nurf him he is mine for ever... maybe just not played so much

larkhill

03-15-2011

just cuz phreak says to jungle doesnt mean its always a good idea...

from what ive found, its just not all that practical to jungle. sure he ganks very well but he's easily disruptable and can gank from across the lane with his ult. theres no need to jungle if its just for ganks.

aRchiBole

03-15-2011

The point of jungling is lvl advantage which is why no ranked games do not include junglers above a certain point. It is too advantageous not to. Wraiths start is probably best, he does best I think with attackspeed marks for more passive proc time rediction with armor pen quints probably, really does not need blue buff at all which is sutch a nice luxury as a jungler-if you have ever had golem stolen as amumu or udyr your basically screwed out of the beginning of the game and have to recover somehow which is not always easy.

1ronLung

Recruiter

03-15-2011

morello said that when they designed him they made sure to give him the ability to jungle. >.> so idk what you're talking about that you shouldnt jungle on him. hes an amazing ganker and should always be jungling IMO. every time i jungle i start at blue, and i find it to be rough, but not impossible. you need your mid to leash it for you for sure to make sure you make it with decent HP.

i've been doing blue
wraiths
back
wolves
golems
red

i have ArPen Red
AS Yellos
AS Blues
2ArPen Purple 1 HP purple.

been having good games as well. he seems to be a very capable jungler, and gets a lot out of an early wriggles.

Mecha1

03-15-2011

Just thought I'd throw out a jungle route I've been trying to see if you have any success with it. NOTE: I've only tried this route in practice games so far.

Start with Cloth armor and 5x health pots.
Wolves>Wraiths (smite the big one)>Golems>Blue>Wolves>BP and get boots and whatever else (pots, wards)>Red>gank if able or continue jungling.

Skill order: W, Q, Q, E(for ganking)
Runes: Armor Pen red, flat armor seals, attack speed blues, flat health quints.

I'm not the best jungler by any means. But with this route I get both buffs by about 5 minutes and am level 4 with half health or more left.

ForeverLaxx

03-15-2011

He looks like one of the junglers that can also lane, like Irelia and Akali. Should he jungle? Probably. Does he have to? Probably not. Not jungling seems to remove some of his ability to land kills, but he has the tools to setup ganks for another jungler, and at level 6 he can start getting kills as often as the cooldown allows.

My point here is that if you can't jungle effectively with him for whatever reason, he should still be able to lane decently.

Harbin

03-15-2011

I'm currently testing Nocturne in jungle.

So far:
Masteries:21/0/9
Runes:AS Marks/Flat Armor Seals/AS Glyphs/AS Quints
Skills: Q/W/Q/E
Clear time: 3:38
Results in a full jungle clear without any major problems. Comes out fairly low. I'm continuing to test. Will try full aspd, arpen/aspd, arpen/armor.