Rod of Age, anyone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

02-10-2010

RoA is nightmarish when stacked on certain heroes, I.E. Singed.

Zohariel

02-10-2010

Casters are squishy, mana dependant and need AP to function. Rod of Ages solves all these problems in one incredibly efficient item. Making one in the first 20-25 minutes is one of the strongest ways to improve your caster.

Zeoilvia

02-10-2010

Best first item for a lot of casters. The reason why is catalyst being the best item ingame! I play Anivia as my main and what I mostly do is get catalyst and then I get Sorcerers boots and then finish up my Rod of Ages between 15-20 min.. If you kill some noobs and feed well you can finish Rod of Ages before your boots and get a really magnificent start! It's just a good item that has a really good item tree beneath it.

dovvntempo

02-10-2010

I don't know what gets me more excited / relieved, getting catalyst or getting RoA before 20 minutes. That catalyst lets your squishy ol caster stay in his lane. If things don't work out in your lane and you die, or get lucky enough to survive...

what are you gonna do? pill back? If you do you can't defend tower, let enemies free farm, and lose out on experience and gold. It's terrible.

Even if you were doing well and decided to not get RoA, your longevity in team fights and extended battles is gonna be much less. I also find that by the time I get RoA and it's been cooking for a couple minutes my spells hit just as hard with RoA. That is of course, unless I was fed by noobs and am sitting on several mejai stacks.

It's like a comfortable sweater. It just feels good to get RoA as a caster.

gun fu panda

02-11-2010

Not a fan of RoA on my casters. I usually go Banshee's instead (unless it's some scrub team with no CC). CC = death as a caster and being able to eat a stun and get away is worth infinitely more than 80 AP.

Talamare

02-11-2010

A lot of deaths comes from burst damage, RoA is pretty much the only damage item that helps prevent that

In many games I play as caster I usually get 1-2 RoAs followed by everything else (tho I might squeeze a boots in there)

Eberzelius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2010

I guess RoA is mostly for casters who are powerful in mid-end games. Stacking 3 of em would be a total waste, tho (you don't need that much mana or health, and you probably won't be able to get 3 full RoA...) Playing mostly as Fiddlesticks (best in mid, a little less in end), I normally focus on full AP and less in health (drain do the job, or most of the time I'm dead anyway). So I never get RoA. I'll try it in my next game tho.