I just played Alistar...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krendin

03-03-2010

I really can't play another tank after playing Ali, except Malphy on occasion. (>3)

I really feel the others need to be brought more to his level.

Malphy needs a shortened cooldown on his ultimate! Ali does the same thing allllll day.

Krom

03-03-2010

Maxing his heal first is bad, one rank at lv 2-3 is good enough until lv 9-10 when you can drop another point in it to keep it worthwhile.

Maxing heal early just screws Alistars mana over for when he needs it since you should've grabbed a Sheen early and be using heal to proc it often so you can actually get some gold.

Also more damage = faster kills = less healing needed for your team anyway.

And saying Alistar doesn't need gold is just silly. His ult lets him get through early-mid game without much for items, but late game an underfarmed Alistar is going to be hurting just like anyone else.

Krom

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krendin View Post
I really can't play another tank after playing Ali, except Malphy on occasion. (>3)

I really feel the others need to be brought more to his level.

Malphy needs a shortened cooldown on his ultimate! Ali does the same thing allllll day.
Or they could just remove Flash from the game... then he's no longer the de facto best tank.

Lyrre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

i love alistar just because of his utility, he's a great tank who doesn't need his ult to be a team player, just to soak up damage, really. Try getting a sheen on him and a tear and then just spam heals, u basically have infinite mana, and u can use this to push towers rly well

Judah the Lion

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
Buy Sheen or Trinity Force and try to say his Heal isn't great again.
Wa'holdup, which patch are you playing in?

Silmaril

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
Buy Sheen or Trinity Force and try to say his Heal isn't great again.
Buy an innervating locket and say his heal isn't great again. With IL, his heal is literally a FREE spammable heal/mana recovery that can still proc sheen (not to mention it's built out of catalyst, one of the best early tank items in the game). I gotta be honest, his heal is better than his headbutt, and there is no excuse to not have 2 levels of his heal before level 6, if not 3, unless you're solo laning (which is stupid).
In short, heal = 'your lane wins', especially with the right gear.

notliam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-03-2010

I usually go pulverize, headbutt, heal, heal, heal, ult.. then level up pulverize or his heal more if I'm needing it. His heal is so useful.. if you and your team mates are really low on health, sure, it's not going to do much (unless you have a constant stream of dieing enemy creeps nearby..) but it's excellent for keeping everyones health high during a fight or push, and as someone said keeping your creeps alive so you have a huge wave is excellent for pushing (that + his passive, with sheen, means you can take towers easily enough).

Pulverize allows you to punish enemies for coming near you, and headbutt allows you to take out the enemy you just stunned by pushing them to your team or tower. His ult is great for keeping him alive, which he kinda needs because noone really builds him as a tank, since he doesn't need it so much but the odd time you're caught short near a tower or with 2-3 enemies on you, it's nice to have the ult to cast, allowing you to stun + headbutt your chasers away from you as you escape.

In terms of initiating, Alistair does a fantastic job. Amumu is arguably better with bandage toss and his stun, and despair + tantrum allow him to hurt the enemy quite a bit, so when the team fight starts you have a huge advantage. Malphites ult is also a fantastic way to start team fights, but he's kinda ****ed if his teammates aren't right behind him. Rammus' powerball can initiate quite nicely and taunt allows you to ensure the team fight definitely starts, or at least the enemy loses someone.. however his main roll is to soak up damage and also destroy people with his w and ult generally. Singed just doesn't die, but he doesn't really have any initiating moves unless you count his slow allowing him to catch up and fling someone.. and cho gath is just pretty useless.

TL;dr: Alistair is awesome. Don't stand near him.