I just played Alistar...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Reaper

02-09-2010

And all I can say is WOW. He is probably one of the best tanks in the game, and probably is more effective then any other tank. (Although Nunu as a support tank is pretty good too)

I mean, his skills Pulverize and Headbutt work so beautifully together. He is probably one of the few tanks that can actually gank and kill enemy champions early and late game.

Just by using his Small Ap and Tank item builds this guy can deal whopping damage to enemies without dying like most tanks do. Is he the best initiator in the game?
I think so.

P.s. The only thing that's not so great about him is his heal spell, but oh wellz :P

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Reaper View Post
P.s. The only thing that's not so great about him is his heal spell, but oh wellz :P
Buy Sheen or Trinity Force and try to say his Heal isn't great again.

FruityBananas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2010

I think amumu is a better initiator, but probs cause i play him more. Alistar is incredible though.

Quote:

^False

43PERCENTburnt

02-09-2010

The heal spell is AMAZING early game. Just level it up twice, and you have next to unlimited pushing power.

Missingno231

02-09-2010

Alistar is quite easily one of my favorite tanks. He is HUGE, and shows it. It takes nearly an entire focused team to bring him down, and during that time they're all getting beat on by the beast's comrades.

Silent Reaper

02-10-2010

Well, When I get the heal, it just doesn't work out that great for me , after a few tries I simply get pulverize and headbutt instead, and end up ganking the enemy team when they push to my tower, god its sweet

Flash + Stun + Headbutt = First Blood

P.s. and yes, I have bought Sheen and/or Trinity Force, and I still don't think his heals are that amazing (but maybe thats just me)

OLI HC

02-10-2010

singed is way better at killing and fishing out ennemies.

OLI HC

02-10-2010

Quote:
Well, When I get the heal, it just doesn't work out that great for me , after a few tries I simply get pulverize and headbutt instead, and end up ganking the enemy team when they push to my tower, god its sweet

Flash + Stun + Headbutt = First Blood

P.s. and yes, I have bought Sheen and/or Trinity Force, and I still don't think his heals are that amazing (but maybe thats just me)
WHAT? you dont get heal? thats selfish i.e. bad alistar, 1lv headbutt, 1lv pulverise, the rest
in heal cause the effect doesnt amplify on the first two spells and your team mates will like you for spamming heal on them, instead of being selfish and trying to steal kills from your allies who are meant to kill, unlike you.

just call me evo

02-10-2010

As an Ali enthusiast, I've gotta vouch for his heal. It's a small heal, but in the heat of battle, it can be used almost nonstop. This spell is meant to be SPAMMED. It's also hugely beneficial for pushing, as you can keep you creeps all healthy and build a huge wave to help you knock down towers.

I've talked myself hoarse about it, but I truly believe that Alistar should be played selflessly, sopping up damage, stunning and positioning enemies, and healing up his team. Yes, he can be built to be a badass dropping nukes left and right, but you're better put to make your team do their job more effectively than ever.

I also don't think you're understanding just how valuable sheen/triforce is. if you think about it as a spell, you're paying 30 mana for a 70 hp heal for you and all your buddies, AND you do 100 damage to your target. 30 mana for 100 dmg is one of the best deals in the game. Especially if you start to combo your spells together. pulv - hit - headbutt - hit - roar - hit nets an additional 300 damage!

If you'd like my full take on alistar, I wrote a guide a while back,

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=53903

Maintence on EU

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli hc View Post
what? You dont get heal? Thats selfish i.e. Bad alistar, 1lv headbutt, 1lv pulverise, the rest
in heal cause the effect doesnt amplify on the first two spells and your team mates will like you for spamming heal on them, instead of being selfish and trying to steal kills from your allies who are meant to kill, unlike you.
agreed.