Elo means NOTHING

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benign Sentinel

03-15-2011

Elo is based on communication.

It's based on individual skill level in most situations. (At different point in the game, different situations crop up). The player who can navigate these situations better will end up at a higher Elo after many games.

Apparently, Ashe could not lane against a good Ezrael.

Sorry man, **** happens.

**EDIT** let me clarify my above statement:

The ability to work with a team is part of the individual ability. Sometimes clouded by anger / tiredness, etc.

TheAnomaly

03-15-2011

I think your team could have done more to help him. You have a 60 elo difference between the two of you -- not a lot really. I've both been the guy who got outlaned (though never by 6 kills in lane), and the guy who's had someone get outlaned on my team. When the first death comes in, I start keeping an eye on the lane. When the second death comes in, I start roaming between my lane and the mid lane, if nothing else to make the enemy midlaner wary of just getting super agressive. If I'm the jungler, I hang near mid as much as possible, and about half the time, I can turn mid around from what would have been a sure feedfest into either a slight loss, or if I'm really lucky, even the lane back out.

What I'm saying is that sometimes you just get outplayed. Sometimes your teammates get outplayed. If you just sit there and watch it happen instead of reacting, some of the blame is on your shoulders too.

moodster

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnomaly View Post
I think your team could have done more to help him. You have a 60 elo difference between the two of you -- not a lot really. I've both been the guy who got outlaned (though never by 6 kills in lane), and the guy who's had someone get outlaned on my team. When the first death comes in, I start keeping an eye on the lane. When the second death comes in, I start roaming between my lane and the mid lane, if nothing else to make the enemy midlaner wary of just getting super agressive. If I'm the jungler, I hang near mid as much as possible, and about half the time, I can turn mid around from what would have been a sure feedfest into either a slight loss, or if I'm really lucky, even the lane back out.

What I'm saying is that sometimes you just get outplayed. Sometimes your teammates get outplayed. If you just sit there and watch it happen instead of reacting, some of the blame is on your shoulders too.
This is very true.

I would've loved to go mid more often, but Singed was just pushing every single wave with his poison and I couldn't force him to b without Shaco so I was pretty much holed up top. I guess it was just bad luck. Bad team matchup.

Devil May LOL

03-15-2011

when i lose it's because of my team sucks and it has nothing to do with the other team being better.

huehuehuehue