Elo means NOTHING

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

moodster

03-14-2011

Check picture. Pay attention to build. Pay attention to his Elo and my Elo. Pay attention to length of game. Pay attention to chat. Good god. Ezreal had 6 kills by 18 minutes and proceeded to stomp all over my team, forcing me to get a chain mail and delay getting AP in my build. So I went mejai's because I knew it was my only hope in carrying the team. Also, Ashe RUSHED last whisper.

I think after a game, everyone should be able to vote on who takes the largest Elo hit and then that person takes half the team's Elo loss and the rest is split among the remaining teammates. Vote of course has to be unanimous among the team members excluding the feeder.

I went 4/3/5 by the end, but I was 4/0/5 before the team fights ever started.

TheAnomaly

03-14-2011

Singed and udyr were doing a good enough job of keeping her off Ez that she probably felt that she would never get a chance to hit him. Hence she geared up ArPen in the hopes that she could do enough damage while kiting them for her team to kill the singed/udyr.

moodster

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnomaly View Post
Singed and udyr were doing a good enough job of keeping her off Ez that she probably felt that she would never get a chance to hit him. Hence she geared up ArPen in the hopes that she could do enough damage while kiting them for her team to kill the singed/udyr.
Singed had 110 armor by the end of the game. He laned against me and I killed him twice and he never left the lane to gank Ashe. He just tried to push and farm for the entire game.

Honestly, their Poppy and Zilean were really good. Zilean did a ridiculously good job of making it extra painful that Ezreal was fed, and Poppy knew how to flash charge really well. They kept me feeling pretty threatened whenever I was around. But the fact that Ashe fed Ezreal so hard in the first fifteen minutes pretty much sealed the deal because by the time I started trying to take control of mid he could do half my health in one combo.

TheAnomaly

03-14-2011

Singed would have closer to 150 armor with his ult, and it's not like she rushed the last whisper. It looks like she was going for the usual range carry build and decided on LW later. I can't say from the postgame screen how lanes went, but if someone dies twice in lane without jungle ganks or return kills you either have your jungler babysit the lane or take the solo away from them. Not because they are bad, but because they are now at a severe disadvantage in lane, to the point where a somewhat farmed duo might have a closer lane fight against the mid than the previous midlaner. People get outlaned, it happens.

Kurt MAN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

I think you're mad, I might even call you moodster

Hans Vermhatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

Should have got a real tank instead of Morde or robot.

Benign Sentinel

03-14-2011

Sometimes people are outplayed.

I have no doubt that you would have been outplayed by the ezrael too.

ROOTPandepic

03-14-2011

This thread is dumb, your elo difference with the ashe player is really small and everybody already knows there can be a difference between your elo and your "true skill level" by 100-200 elo points. Elo still does have meaning as long as you look at it in the correct context instead of making ridiculous posts.

Another thing to think about is sometimes people queue for ranked while they are really tired, depressed, angry etc. This then causes them to have a really bad game but maybe they are usually a decent player, I once queued for a ranked game when I thought my girlfriend was breaking up with me and I fed really badly on a hero I usually do really well with.

LegendsLord

03-14-2011

true story

moodster

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnomaly View Post
Singed would have closer to 150 armor with his ult, and it's not like she rushed the last whisper. It looks like she was going for the usual range carry build and decided on LW later. I can't say from the postgame screen how lanes went, but if someone dies twice in lane without jungle ganks or return kills you either have your jungler babysit the lane or take the solo away from them.
The point is the person is a significantly higher Elo than me with 800 games played and has no concept of swapping lanes when you have a bad match up. I asked if they needed to swap and got no communication and then the Ezreal was so fed it was pointless by then. I had a game just like this the other night as Kassadin vs Pantheon and I asked for someone beefier to take my lane immediately after my first death to his level 2 towerdiving.

If you think that's what 1600 elo should be like, then that's okay. But even the duo queue bottom two ~1400 Elo knew that Ashe should've towerhugged and tried NOT to feed and *asked* for help before dying 6 times in his lane.

Do you guys even understand what I'm saying? Swap. Lanes. If. You're. Feeding.

To those who say there is a 100-200 Elo difference between true Elo and actual Elo, are you saying someone of 1400 Elo does not know to swap lanes when they are feeding? Mmmmmmmmmm...