Does anyone else feel dumb playing this game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xNECROx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

Same thing, over and over. If you play it a ton, it's hard to even remember one day from the next. I can only remember vague time periods of playing certain champions a lot or "when that champion was good/bad". I'm not inspired to learn new things about the real world from playing it. My emotions are pulled around every 30-45 minutes to only be erased and replaced in the next game. I'm inspired to collecting beanie babies..er..I mean champions. Even the threads on the forum are always the same stupid meme's and repetitive subjects. Hell...even the designers seem bored with it. Anyone else feel the same way?

Cenerae

03-14-2011

I don't feel as dumb playing this game as I'd feel if I got banned for being an abrasive turd.

TakinTheHeat

03-14-2011

I got my replays yo.

PainfulStupidity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

I play it to kill time when ever I've got spare time and I feel like getting away, the half hour of leisure time is always fun for me, but playing it as a hard core player.. Definitely not something I can see me doing. If I looked back and had over a thousand games and I can't remember one distinct thing it'd just make me be like, " Done. "

Insidious Ghost

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNECROx View Post
Same thing, over and over. If you play it a ton, it's hard to even remember one day from the next. I can only remember vague time periods of playing certain champions a lot or "when that champion was good/bad". I'm not inspired to learn new things about the real world from playing it. My emotions are pulled around every 30-45 minutes to only be erased and replaced in the next game. I'm inspired to collecting beanie babies..er..I mean champions. Even the threads on the forum are always the same stupid meme's and repetitive subjects. Hell...even the designers seem bored with it. Anyone else feel the same way?
Well, that's kind of what a MOBA type game is. The objective is always the same, but there's thousands of ways to reach that objective. There's plenty of champions to choose from which equals plenty of combinations of teams which equals plenty of strategy. Also, there's plenty of players so that equals variations of skill and strategies, plus you're always playing against new people (usually). Although, the mentality is usually the same for nearly every game (play to win, play for fun, or play to rage type-stuff). But that's what makes games like League of Legends so addicting. You improve and learn new things, which makes you want to try new things to see if they work. But, at least Riot is starting to make an effort to include more variations and improve gameplay.
Lately, I've been feeling like it's getting a bit repetitive. If you think about it, I've played around over 700 games and each game was roughly 25-60 minutes long. Just think of all the things I could've done with that time, haha.

Insidious Ghost

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
I got my replays yo.
Replays are a must for this game. Not only will it remind players of their past games, but it also allows them to fix their mistakes and learn from them in the next game.

Zzphantom

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNECROx View Post
I second this.

Lowecore

03-14-2011

im starting to feel that way. this is no doubt a fun game but it seems like about 50% of my games have a leaver, afker, or bad griefer in it. sometimes i finish a game and thinkto myself, why do i think this is fun?

id really like to see spme stiff penalties for leavers and afk's. it really should be a one week ban minimum per offense. i know ragers would be harder to deal with but really /ignore deals with that fairly well. there is no fix when someone que's up and then never leaves the spawning circle.

GuyGin

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
I got my replays yo.
Wait, we have replays now?

xNECROx

03-14-2011

I just have a shallow feeling playing this game is the best way to describe it. Maybe because it feels so focused on a single champion yet still an isometric/directed control makes it feel impersonal.. Yet because of the emotional twangs, I tend to click "play now" far more after.. I click "play now" when I win because I want to win again..I click "play now" when I lose because I want redemption..it's a vicious cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
I don't feel as dumb playing this game as I'd feel if I got banned for being an abrasive turd.
You are entitled to your opinion. I'm proud you expressed it