@Riot - Big Problem With Sona Passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreyLazer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

The musical names for the new passive effects totally don't make any sense.

Diminuendo I can understand; that kind of makes sense. However, the effect from her Q should be called Sforzando, loud and accented, because the chord becomes more powerful and "twice as loud". Staccato simply means "separated" and although sometimes implies slight accent, doesn't make as much sense. Fortissimo, forte, and rinforzando also make more sense.

The E effect should be called ritardando, or allargando, or, my personal favorite, meno mosso, meaning "less movement". "Tempo" is too non-descript.

Please change these! I want to pick up this champion again after long ago abandoning her in favor of stronger supports several patches ago, and I don't want incorrect musical terminology.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't display the effects of the passive effects in the tooltip. I would have no idea if I didn't read the site post. Also a big problem!

nivekuil

03-14-2011

how bout "damage" and "slow"

Sheriff BigBWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyLazer View Post
The musical names for the new passive effects totally don't make any sense.

Diminuendo I can understand; that kind of makes sense. However, the effect from her Q should be called Sforzando, loud and accented, because the chord becomes more powerful and "twice as loud". Staccato simply means "separated" and although sometimes implies slight accent, doesn't make as much sense. Fortissimo, forte, and rinforzando also make more sense.

The E effect should be called ritardando, or allargando, or, my personal favorite, meno mosso, meaning "less movement". "Tempo" is too non-descript.

Please change these! I want to pick up this champion again after long ago abandoning her in favor of stronger supports several patches ago, and I don't want incorrect musical terminology.
Riot, hire this person

GreyLazer

03-14-2011

Come on Riot! Read my thread!

Duoshot

03-14-2011

Pretty sure those terms would just confuse people even more.

Greas3

03-14-2011

Hahah, I noticed "tempo" as well. Like uhh... fast tempo? slow tempo?

MyDeadGrandma

03-14-2011

Her ulti icon isn't even a crescendo.

Kwisatz Haderach

03-14-2011

They aren't going to use Sforzando which sounds like something Czechoslovakian. And they certainly won't use Reetardando

DEAXSA

03-14-2011

this thread contains WIN.

Cybeats681

03-14-2011

i guess for Tempo they decided to not call it Ritardando (which might be understandable if a bit weird.)

Edit: dang Kwisatz, ninja'd ^