Thoughts on Caitlyn now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-14-2011

Great change. The difference in lategame headshot damage output should be fairly significant.

Notably this also increases the likely hood of a Crit Headshot given more of your autoattacks are headshots. I'd say this increases the gains from Crit and AS specifically.

I've also been recently tuned into SoTD on Caitlyn. Given her lack of steroid getting her to a good AS has more of an effect then I expected. At least in the coop vs AI. I plan to test it more.

::EDIT::
I think there is a sweet spot for her attack speed. Not sure what it is and what you need to hit it. But I'd imagine past that AD+crit would give higher returns then more AS. With the flipside being that having less then the sweet spot causes a large drop in your DPS.
The issue is that it's very annoying to calculate her total auto DPS given the way headshot works. Then you have to add in crits. Further her DPS output is very non-linear with Q, kiting, and controlling who you headshot.


In any event I think this change may put her damage output at a very acceptable place. Thus the only thing left I see room for improvement is W and E.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phyrite

Senior Member

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthdawn View Post
Until she gets a real steroid ability or effect added to her skills, she won't be able to compete with other ranged DPS.
They just upped her steroid. Remember her explosive crits that happened an 16th of the time?
Well now they're a 12th of the time. that's a 3/4ths buff in power. You have no idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solumas

Senior Member

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceyou View Post
Agreed, people say she is a physical caster and then Riot buffs her passive so that building aspd works. 2 lackluster synergys
Yeah, that's why I'm on the fence. The way her kit is setup, shes more suited for a physical caster role. This seems to be nothing more than a Band-Aid to me.

I dunno, how it looks on paper doesn't always equal how it plays out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phyrite

Senior Member

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumas View Post
Yeah, that's why I'm on the fence. The way her kit is setup, shes more suited for a physical caster role. This seems to be nothing more than a Band-Aid to me.

I dunno, how it looks on paper doesn't always equal how it plays out.
Tired of people saying she's a physical caster and complaining that she sucks. Really tired of it. Critlin is far better late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solumas

Senior Member

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrite View Post
Tired of people saying she's a physical caster and complaining that she sucks. Really tired of it. Critlin is far better late game.
I never said she sucks. I simply play her as a physical caster and have had better results in my experiences. I'll have to try Crit Cait some more then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

homeskilit

Senior Member

03-14-2011

If you think cait is bad try this build

Pure crit chance runes. Rush LW, then IE and PD. Finish with more AS/AD items as needed but try to get your AS over 2.0 asap.

I easily get aroun 90% chance to crit, over 2.0 as, and ~250 AD.

Note*
This build is very very weak until you finish LW and get some AS and as such is more of a late game build.

Go armor pen runes and brut for early game dps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iceyou

Senior Member

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeskilit View Post
If you think cait is bad try this build

Pure crit chance runes. Rush LW, then IE and PD. Finish with more AS/AD items as needed but try to get your AS over 2.0 asap.

I easily get aroun 90% chance to crit, over 2.0 as, and ~250 AD.

Note*
This build is very very weak until you finish LW and get some AS.
Thats cool, let me get the same thing on ashe and have a perma slow and a 3sec stun
Or I could get in on tristana and be done earlier cause I have a 90%aspd steroid


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zelink

Senior Member

03-14-2011

She is still freaking weak same, hey im cait and hey im gp, gp parleys me " holy %#%#" Cait ults "you ready to hit me yet" Cait i just did -.-.

She still is weak, her ult still needs to be worked on as well as her traps and put her q to .5 sec


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greas3

Senior Member

03-14-2011

This is actually a deceptively huge buff. Headshot hurts alot. Here early game is hard though unless shes mid IMO.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phyrite

Senior Member

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceyou View Post
Thats cool, let me get the same thing on ashe and have a perma slow and a 3sec stun
Or I could get in on tristana and be done earlier cause I have a 90%aspd steroid
But you won;t have a 150% damage increase on those crits. 150%x250%= Owwwww