Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uuuuuu

03-14-2011

Why is he listed as support? The only reason I could think of is map control from the shrooms, but is there anything else that would even make him close to a support?

Iceyou

03-14-2011

Shrooms, and a blind

AeonMax

03-14-2011

Morello says this is a mistake, yet I've heard other Red's like Shurelia refer to him as support.

I think there's a disconnect (not surprisingly) about what role Teemo fulfills, and this has propagated through the player base as well.

Ralmaz

03-14-2011

If blind is going to be support, then blitzcrank should've BEEN support for the pull knock up silence, tons of CC.

frameshift

03-14-2011

Well, what are the options?

Assassin? I think that could fit, he's good jumping out of stealth, or TPing to mushrooms, and can definitely screw with most champs 1v1. Plus he can get in and out of engagements pretty effectively with move quick and good mushroom placements. He's not really that bursty (AP teemo using blinding dart doesn't count), which most assassins are.

Carry? He does autoattack a lot, but he's usually stacking up a ton of magic damage in there with poison and malady and bloodrazor (if you build that way). He's not usually played as a typical AD stacking champ, and no steroids, so he's not really a carry, but he can sort of play that role if you're desperate.

Bruiser? No.

Mage? I don't think you can say one nuke and mushrooms make AP Teemo a mage.

Tank? No.

Support? Shrooms give vision, help teammates get kills or escape. Blinding dart blinds. So he definitely does have a support aspect.

So I guess I'd consider him a sort of assassin/support hybrid.