My Problem with Ranked Games and "ELO hell"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lumbyjackal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

When I was down under in 1050's and such, I thought I had experienced what most summoners consider, "ELO hell". It was bad teamwork, immaturity, and unskilled players at their best. After duo queueing with my friend for a while, we managed to carry our way back up to 1180(ish). And I'm not going to lie, I was pretty proud of myself.
But now I am realizing that we haven't even crossed the hardest bridge yet, 1200 ELO. Where every fresh level 30 is first admitted into the ranked ELO system. For about 4 games in a row now, we have had at least one person who was a brand new 30, ruin our game. They almost always do one or more of the following: insta-lock their favorite champion whom they get lots of kills with, make amateur mistakes, never buy wards, ban people they find "annoying", and so on.
This is the point i'm trying to make. I feel that Riot should implement some kind of initiation for these new 30's, to appropriately place them in the ELO system where necessary.
/rant

Kg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

i m stuck in 1200 too man its HELL i know no teamplay ,no nothing very hard to increase ur elo

LoveOfProfit

03-14-2011

There already is a "newbie island", but it doesn't do nearly enough.

Sabnitron

03-14-2011

Fresh level 30 players aren't admitted directly into 1200 Elo rating with everyone else anymore.

lumbyjackal

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabnitron View Post
Fresh level 30 players aren't admitted directly into 1200 Elo rating with everyone else anymore.
Oh really now? So I'm just being paired with people that have very few games played and are absolutely horrific?

EDIT: That sounded really sarcastic, i didn't intend for that xD

TyphoonKing

03-14-2011

Agreed.
This shall be divided into groups.

1. <50 Games & < 1000 Elo
2.<50 Games & < 1500 Elo
3.<100 Games & < 1000 Elo
4.<100 Games & < 1500 Elo
5.<200 Games & < 1000 Elo
6.<200 Games & < 1500 Elo

Anything Higher than the limits will be all regular MM.

Kg

03-14-2011

when u reach 1400-1500 u will play good games in rank (my opinion)