Mid is not for ranged carries only...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kyanos

03-14-2011

saw a cho run mid and stomped my whole team... i ran shaco mid and ended the game with 26 or 36 kills.

if ya know what your doin, melee > ranged in mid

Thanorodd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo View Post
Who is actually the highest priority mid champ?

Karthus?
Probably.

But he's sortof a trash champion anyway.

RagingDonger

03-14-2011

Mid could be for anyone but high preference goes to non-jungling gankers and late game carries. Nunu for e.g mids excellently. Kass also fairs well as a mid champ.

KugimiyaSoul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelord View Post
Mid could be for anyone but high preference goes to non-jungling gankers and late game carries. Nunu for e.g mids excellently. Kass also fairs well as a mid champ.
never send nunu mid >.> thats ******ed. Hotshot actually did a rant about that. Nunu can mid, its just dumb cause he brings nothing to the table late game with all the farm and exp. what is a fed nunu going to do? ice blast for 300... then blood boil the underfarmed and underfed carry that cant do anything because mid was taken from them?

The reason AD/AP carries generally take mid is cause they scale the best with gold and exp. A nunu with banshees, GA, sunfire, etc etc is infinitely less useful than an ashe with IE/PD/whatever other dmg item she needs.

Crayon Puppet

03-14-2011

If you know how to kite and are agressive against a melee mid who has no distance closer before lvl six you should sh!t on them in every single instance unless they have some combination of a Really strong poke/Regen capabilites/and solid mitigation. If you can't make a ranged carry think twice about auto attacking u then you shouldn't go mid. Think about melee heroes who are actually considered great mids and if someone was to make a list of mid lane champs they would be included, then think about the champs who u've see do amazing but just dont make the cut for that list of reliable mids. Basically if you're waiting for lvl six to be able to lane effectively against an opposing ranged mid solo you should grab a duo lane or take a top lane solo. Not saying you won't do well, just saying that if u are it wasn't that u played well it was that the opposing ranged champ played badly.

Crayon Puppet

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyanos View Post
saw a cho run mid and stomped my whole team... i ran shaco mid and ended the game with 26 or 36 kills.

if ya know what your doin, melee > ranged in mid
I think u got it backwards if the ranged carry doesnt know what they're doing then
melee > ranged mid. I think Cho's a good mid by the way because his nukes hurts early game and he can heal a significant amount of health and regain mana by lasting hitting creeps. A lot of heroes can't dodge rupture and feral scream while doing enough damage to negate his heal while he last hits. That being said its not difficult for a lot of champ to take the fight to cho at lvl 1 and effectively ruin his laning prescence. If an agressive player can deal damage and dodge his skill shots he'll beat cho with the range advantage.

Wirablemonster

03-14-2011

i mid as ****ing soraka and rape face