Mid is not for ranged carries only...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xj6

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

Mid Alistar.

BigZ135

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

Kassadin says hi

YYZed

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treelub View Post
MIdwick is legit.
+1 This is so true, he just shakes off harassment like a bawws.

Burbinator

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronomy View Post
Funny how different this game is from HoN/DotA.

In those games your mid is typically a strong ganker that can use their level advantage to shut down sidelanes/jungles. A hard carry usually takes short lane with a support character so they can safely farm.
Scaling works differently in dota. Carries are much weaker early game and obscenely strong late game, vice versa for nukers. It's SORT of similar in LoL but not nearly to the same degree. Physical carries still have a shot 1v1 against casters (especially since its a lot easier to get arpen from runes/masteries than mpen, i dont understand that), not true in dota/hon.

Furthermore, because you can deny creeps, lane dominance results in a much greater disparity of outcomes. In LoL, I have to kill you or force you out of lane... in hon/dota I can do either of those two, or just be so powerful that you can't stop me from denying you both xp + gold.

Also, lack of summoner skills. With summoner skills, you can escape more easily in a 1v1 situation, but in a 2v2 situation i'd say it's easier for them to focus down a single player (exhaust/ignite are more effective at killing than ghost/flash are at saving you). Sure, its possible they have 2 strong nukers and disablers in the sidelane, but then they probably have terrible team comp or their solos are getting shut down. Either one is beneficial for your team.

Quick Releases

Recruiter

03-14-2011

I mid with Mundo, Xin Zhao, and basically anyone can go mid. Mid doesnt have to be range carries. But if a range carries own mid, that most likely make the team win, which is why a lot of time are range carries to has higher lvl to carry the team to victory.

T8mNEiLGTw

03-14-2011

Who is actually the highest priority mid champ?

Karthus?

wheresmyfreename

03-14-2011

I feel much more comfortable with my Renekton in mid than some free Corki in mid.

Noin Lucrezia

03-14-2011

Don't tell them that, I have a hard enough time with the ranged carries going mid and feeding, letalone melee ones doing it now too.

Just saiyan.

Sandorim

03-14-2011

I've seen great Cho'Gaths go mid. It's hilarious how well he does there and how it can effect the late game by a great deal.

Hell, I've done mid as Xin Zhao and completely owned an Ashe that thought I was stupid.

Rahgar

03-14-2011

I saw a guy mid as Tryndamere once. He dominated.