[Guide] MASTER Yi - the pwnage master

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slide

Senior Member

02-10-2010

Terrible low ELO noob build.

A lot of the problems have already been mentioned. You give a lot of false advice and other advice that is just bad. Using words like "makes you invincible" is ridiculous. Especially where you use it (Heal makes you invincible? lol. Vamp Scepter? Oh please).

Vylents build was actually decent. Only idiots (or noobs) make 6 item builds without variations. Different games and team comps require different items. If you cant see that, there is little hope for you.

So many things to go over I cant even remember them all.

Zerk boots is a standard shortening of Berzerker Greaves. Its used often. More often then the full name.

As mentioned you need a nice mix of attack speed and damage. Frozen Mallet is almost a MUST on Yi as otherwise, people WILL get away from you. Im sure the bots you play against dont require you to have one, but real people do.

I cant believe your mastery set up. Its just plain stupid. Archaic Knowledge on Yi? Seriously? For one skill that does **** damage to champions? REALLY?

You should really take the advice of everyone who posted and rethink your build, read other Yi guides and get some more games under your belt before you try and give others advice on how to play a champion. It is quite clear you do not have enough understanding of Master Yi, other champions or LoL in general to be writing a guide.

AND FOR F*CKS SAKE ITS SPELT EASILY<- with a Y


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CryHavoc

Senior Member

02-10-2010

Meh. I don't necessarily think it's the OPs fault. Yi is a bottom tier champion right now. I see him one out of every 20 matches or so, and he's always under .500 unless his team dominates the entire game.

"NEVER go to jungle"

This, however, is a ridiculous piece of advice. Yi is a great jungler and should be all over the place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeadRamza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Terrible low ELO noob build.

A lot of the problems have already been mentioned. You give a lot of false advice and other advice that is just bad. Using words like "makes you invincible" is ridiculous. Especially where you use it (Heal makes you invincible? lol. Vamp Scepter? Oh please).

Vylents build was actually decent. Only idiots (or noobs) make 6 item builds without variations. Different games and team comps require different items. If you cant see that, there is little hope for you.

So many things to go over I cant even remember them all.

Zerk boots is a standard shortening of Berzerker Greaves. Its used often. More often then the full name.

As mentioned you need a nice mix of attack speed and damage. Frozen Mallet is almost a MUST on Yi as otherwise, people WILL get away from you. Im sure the bots you play against dont require you to have one, but real people do.

I cant believe your mastery set up. Its just plain stupid. Archaic Knowledge on Yi? Seriously? For one skill that does **** damage to champions? REALLY?

You should really take the advice of everyone who posted and rethink your build, read other Yi guides and get some more games under your belt before you try and give others advice on how to play a champion. It is quite clear you do not have enough understanding of Master Yi, other champions or LoL in general to be writing a guide.

AND FOR F*CKS SAKE ITS SPELT EASILY<- with a Y
no need to insult if you didn't liked it and this build is so noob that i win almost every match i play with it

and english is not my official language...
so stfu


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slide

Senior Member

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRamza View Post
no need to insult if you didn't liked it and this build is so noob that i win almost every match i play with it
Dude, if your winning with this build it IS a noob build. As in, your using it in noob games. There is a VAST difference in skill just between my main account (at which I am somewhere around mid-ELO) and My smurf account. You should see the ridiculous things you can do in newbie island (Though considering the guide, you must know). Hell, I was devastating the other day with Nunus ult! Didnt even have a banshees. It was ridiculous. Not tooting my own horn, just stating as such to let you know there is a VERY large skill distinction between the games you MUST be playing in, and the "average" ELO level of players.

Anyways, point being, just because you stomp other terrible players doesnt give you the right to give terrible advice to other players.

If you ARE going to do that regardless, at least be decent and say that you are new or play at a low ELO so people reading your guide know it is not competitively effective.

The only thing guides like this accomplish is increase the "feeder" problem. It can then be deduced that your guide is actually hurting the community.

Fine I was a little harsh, but the ridiculousness of your guide required it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRamza View Post
and english is not my official language...
so stfu
Its called spell check. Most browsers have it incorporated and it doesnt require ANY knowledge of language. Notice I never commented on your absolutely atrocious grammar, punctuation and phrasing. I assumed english was not your first language.

If your going to work up the balls to tell others how to play a champion, the least you can do is spell check it so you dont look like the idiot your guides play style demands you are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sartissian

Senior Member

02-10-2010

Glancing at your account, you do seem to have a lot of experience with Yi. I'm no Yi pro (or LoL pro for that matter), but I would suggest that if you take the advice presented by some of the other posters here, whether they offered it nicely or not, you would be even better. Cool down reduction and magic pen are wasted on Master Yi. If your item build and playstyle work for you, more power to ya, but it does seem to have some room for improvement.

The biggest fault I see with what you wrote is that you are suggesting a very selfish approach to playing Yi and the game. "Use your teammate as a shield" and "never jungle" are rarely going to help you win a game. Keeping your teammates alive is usually a good thing, and jungling allows one of your teammates to get solo credit for experience in a lane while you get solo experience for the jungle creeps. I know that Jungling isn't always the best answer, and saving a teammate isn't always the best call, but this is first and foremost a team game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zoau

Senior Member

02-10-2010

zerk is berzerk. and dont rely on the game database here. lookemup ingame to be sure of stats


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brozan

Senior Member

02-10-2010

Just going to chime in here since it seems some really bad (OP) and some decent (followups) advice is being put out here.

The OP has a VERY BAD guide. That is to say, you will play worse by reading it than just trial and error.

Here is my item build, but of course it varies from game to game and how well I anticipate the match going.

Cheap boots, 2 heal pots
Zerk Boots
Vamp Scepter (at this point you should be lvl 4-6 and the scepter really helps, waste before now)
Phage / Zeal (depends on if you need the slow yet)
Zeal / Phage
Infinity Edge (I tend to be ganking hard here and try to save the money for when I need to recall, so I buy expensive first. But, again, depends on game)
Zeal -> Phantom or Phage -> Frozen Heart

If I'm doing very well around lvl 6-8 I'll build SoTO with hopes of a 20 stack. But, that's only if I'm 5/2 kd or better.


Skill wise, go for wuju first, then max alpha (each rank of wuju only adds 5 additional damage, each rank of alpha helps you farm a lot better, and it does decent damage mid-game). Get wuju first, though, because it's +15 out the door.

I use flash/exhaust for summoner spells, but I'm also building for mid game dominance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeadRamza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Dude, if your winning with this build it IS a noob build. As in, your using it in noob games. There is a VAST difference in skill just between my main account (at which I am somewhere around mid-ELO) and My smurf account. You should see the ridiculous things you can do in newbie island (Though considering the guide, you must know). Hell, I was devastating the other day with Nunus ult! Didnt even have a banshees. It was ridiculous. Not tooting my own horn, just stating as such to let you know there is a VERY large skill distinction between the games you MUST be playing in, and the "average" ELO level of players.

Anyways, point being, just because you stomp other terrible players doesnt give you the right to give terrible advice to other players.

If you ARE going to do that regardless, at least be decent and say that you are new or play at a low ELO so people reading your guide know it is not competitively effective.

The only thing guides like this accomplish is increase the "feeder" problem. It can then be deduced that your guide is actually hurting the community.

Fine I was a little harsh, but the ridiculousness of your guide required it.



Its called spell check. Most browsers have it incorporated and it doesnt require ANY knowledge of language. Notice I never commented on your absolutely atrocious grammar, punctuation and phrasing. I assumed english was not your first language.

If your going to work up the balls to tell others how to play a champion, the least you can do is spell check it so you dont look like the idiot your guides play style demands you are.

i still don't know how you can have a better account than a level 30 but i'll look foward for a meeting with you to show how newbie i am


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mabinay

Junior Member

02-10-2010

sorry but your strategy is wrong...... im not a yi player but i know that your guide is a fail.... mostly because i eat this kind of build on master yi.....

- amumu


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeadRamza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabinay View Post
sorry but your strategy is wrong...... im not a yi player but i know that your guide is a fail.... mostly because i eat this kind of build on master yi.....

- amumu
you eat this kind of building only if we have highlander off and if you have about 3 allies around you stunning yi





@post edited it with some pros and cons


123