Why is Twitch never free?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schmerzgeber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

The last time twitch was free was the "Free Champion Weekend" reward Riot did, if I remember correctly.

Bear in mind, this was -every- champion in the game, free for one weekend.

Out of ten games, there were at -least- 15 Twitches.

It was terrible... feeding Twitches everywhere. The couple of fed twitches were people who already had him and were using the opportunity to pubstomp.

I didn't play for the next two days.

If a champion with that much feed potential is so popular that it beats out 60+ (at the time) other champions every game without fail, is there a reason to even ask why he's never free?

Jiigles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-14-2011

Because having teemo free this much doesn't teach people about oracles.

Maxmatical

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracozero View Post
he is free all the time you just cant see him
You gotta buy an Oracle's to play him

Correntt

03-14-2011

I cant decide if i wanna buy twitch.. since i played twitch was never free

Sumico

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhy View Post
but the thing is there is no point in him being stealth they reduced his stealth time by a lot - hes like the squishy'est char in game - one oracles and hes dead - might aswell remove stealth for noobs
Umm...no.

The last time I played twitch was before QQ storm. When that started, I stopped playing him. During that time, you had to click on the person to tell whether or not they had oracles. Even with this advantage, people didn't see me until it was too late.

With a good twitch, you don't see him until it is too late. Or you see him and he is behind the tanks and just uses the stealth for the AS steroid.

SharkPiledriver

03-14-2011

He SHOULD be free for a week. Yeah. And when you click his little portrait, your hard drive gets reformatted.

Zarifes

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkskar1 View Post
Here's a detailed in depth look at why he will not be free ( coming from some1 who has been here 2/3 of the times he was free )
First let us look at the skill cap of twitch. If you get a noob who has never played twitch he will feed that's a given, but twitch is a character with no escapes whatsoever, to top that off he also has some of the worst hp and defenses in game. My first time ever playing twitch was on a free week i ran out there in stealth popped out and realized holy **** every1 can kill me easy in a 1v1. In order to realize this ofc i had to die 2-3 times. By the time that had occurred i was already getting flamed. After this ofc i tried going in for teamfight, when people saw the squishy 700 hp twitch they killed it ... within 1 second. I found that if i even left the tower without having stealth up i died. Frustrated feeding and ending up with a score lower than 0/10 i left twitch alone and refused to even look at him.

Time for the fun part. Months later i was a lvl 30 woohoo i had a lot of 6300 champs and it was time to get twitch. Oh boy i started practicing and owned with him carried you know the rest. Next time twitch was free, I shudder at what happened. I played twitch owning him at that point, I saw the twitches were sucking as i had knowing this i bought an oracle and snowballed, i snowballed so hard it was not even funny. in the end i began owning so much every1 who saw me NEEDED to try that twitch. And thus a cycle began people would log on feed a good twitch heavily and bam you had a twitch with 20 kills or more. Seeing this more people got twitch and bam every1 hated the champ with utter fury people said op people said up so much confusion for the amount of skill needed to actually be decent with him. And this my friends is why they dont let twitch be free.
There you go.
This ONE person snowballed the ENTIRE community into hating Twitch. Merely because he is the only good twitch player out there.

IRuleAll

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracozero View Post
he is free all the time you just cant see him
Touche