Why is Twitch never free?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sumico

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry********s View Post
pubstomp new players because new players don't know to buy oracle's elixir. If invisible champs are never free, they will (believe me, a lot of people I've played with have NEVER bought an oracles, even with invis champs in the game) never buy an oracles.

See what I'm getting at? It's like you're not teaching a student multiplication but expect him to get a good grade on a test over it.
I do see where you are going; however, Riot has stated that they feel as though stealth in its current state is a frustrating mechanic. There is really no need to expose new players to this when they are still deciding whether or not they want to play the game.

They will get raged at hard enough for dying to Eve/Twitch once they hit the mid teens. They will either learn then or stop playing. No need to force them to endure a mouthbreathing neckbeard who makes a smurf account and plays a stealth character for the lulz.

Fishhy

03-14-2011

Quote:
The tutorial does not give you Twitch to play as. (Not too sure about the other tutorial mode, haven't touched it.)
yeah but i mean if they let him be free one week - if u feed with him - tough use another char or go to custom game and play there ? and maybe the should put twitch or eve into tut so then they get a feeling of what they are like

Sumico

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhy View Post
you cant just base the champions on new players - what about the more experienced ones ?
Buy him.

FurryTesticles

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumico View Post
I do see where you are going; however, Riot has stated that they feel as though stealth in its current state is a frustrating mechanic. There is really no need to expose new players to this when they are still deciding whether or not they want to play the game.

They will get raged at hard enough for dying to Eve/Twitch once they hit the mid teens. They will either learn then or stop playing. No need to force them to endure a mouthbreathing neckbeard who makes a smurf account and plays a stealth character for the lulz.
A level one smurf playing twitch is easily countered by an oracles elixir. No runes, no masteries, and if the smurf keeps winning then he's going to eventually play with other smurfs.

Seems pointless to me.

Fishhy

03-14-2011

Quote:
Buy him.
too hard to raise money now they you hardly ever get a good champ to carry with - too many people know where teemo places shrooms what kassadin does etc

Sumico

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhy View Post
too hard to raise money now they you hardly ever get a good champ to carry with - too many people know where teemo places shrooms what kassadin does etc
Riot. Points.

Sumico

03-14-2011

Quote:
A level one smurf playing twitch is easily countered by an oracles elixir. No runes, no masteries, and if the smurf keeps winning then he's going to eventually play with other smurfs.

Seems pointless to me.
Level 1s don't know what oracles is. There is nothing in the tutorial to teach them what it is.

FurryTesticles

03-14-2011

Quote:
Riot Points.
Who'd actually buy Twitch?

Quote:
Level 1s don't know what oracles is. There is nothing in the tutorial to teach them what it is.
And if they're never exposed to a stealth character, they will never buy an Oracle's Elixir. See what I'm getting at?

Fishhy

03-14-2011

Quote:
Riot Points.
thats not the point
why should i use my money to buy him when we should get him free now and again - no point in having a champion that can be free if he never is - might aswell make him only buyable

Ginobli

03-14-2011

Edited for making a joke that I didn't bother looking for on the first page.