Universal camera Angle.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sunwise

03-14-2011

You're not getting what I'm saying, though. Whatever your vantage point is (whether your character, someone else, or simply some random point on the map), you will always be able to see more to the north than to the south of that point. If you are blue, and you are advancing, you will have to adjust your camera less often, because whatever vantage point you choose will see more to the north, so you will be able to travel further without having to worry about not getting an appropriate view of the action. They also have the advantage in retreating, because while running away in this game the most important thing isn't to know where you're going (that's generally pretty clear), but to be able to see your pursuers and know what they're about to do so you can react appropriately.

Yes, "you're seeing too much north? move the camera south." is in fact a true statement. I'm not arguing that. What I'm saying is that the people on the blue team generally like seeing north, because that's the direction they're advancing, while the people on purple like seeing south, which is more difficult from any vantage point than seeing north, so purple inherently has to move their camera south more often than blue has to move their camera north.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crayon Puppet

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunwise View Post
You're not getting what I'm saying, though. Whatever your vantage point is (whether your character, someone else, or simply some random point on the map), you will always be able to see more to the north than to the south of that point. If you are blue, and you are advancing, you will have to adjust your camera less often, because whatever vantage point you choose will see more to the north, so you will be able to travel further without having to worry about not getting an appropriate view of the action. They also have the advantage in retreating, because while running away in this game the most important thing isn't to know where you're going (that's generally pretty clear), but to be able to see your pursuers and know what they're about to do so you can react appropriately.

Yes, "you're seeing too much north? move the camera south." is in fact a true statement. I'm not arguing that. What I'm saying is that the people on the blue team generally like seeing north, because that's the direction they're advancing, while the people on purple like seeing south, which is more difficult from any vantage point than seeing north, so purple inherently has to move their camera south more often than blue has to move their camera north.
That why u always gank from behind towers