Universal camera Angle.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heresyqt

03-14-2011

I'd like to be able to play a skill-shot champion in 5s without holding my breathe praying for blue team. It's just unfair for certain champions to be completely gimped in 5v5 and other champions to be relatively unaffected. Fix it.

rljohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

Asymmetrical maps make this difficult. One game Baron is in top left, next game Baron is in bottom right. It would confuse new players, and thus would not be good as a default option.

Adding it as an advanced option -- that would be cool. No idea on the feasibility of this though, would depend on Riot's engine.

edit: Would also confuse communication, where top for one player would be bottom for another.

BriefEternity

03-14-2011

Elaborate, please.

ShadowDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

Unlock your camera. You'll never have this problem again.

ThatsNotMyLane

03-14-2011

Sounds like a personal problem

Vantwan

03-14-2011

You can see what color team you are in champion select if you look at the color of the words "My Team".

I agree with you 100% though, it's much, MUCH more difficult to play Blitzcrank on the purple team than the blue team.

JokerSmilez

03-14-2011

It's like the people who can only play Street Fighter if they're first player.

Just learn how to play from both sides.

Sunwise

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDark View Post
Unlock your camera. You'll never have this problem again.
This is not entirely true. There was a video on Youtube (which I can't find for the life of me now, but it was linked in a fairly recent post on the topic, past couple days or so) which illustrates the problem very well -- essentially, the largest part of the problem isn't the position of the HUD, but the tilt of the camera. With camera unlocked, you can move it around, but you will always be able to see more to the "north" (towards the top of the map, i.e. the general direction in which blue team advances) than to the "south" (the opposite). Thus, purple team will, even with an unlocked camera, still have more trouble seeing where they're going, and have to adjust their camera more often in the vast majority of situations.

JesusInABottle

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunwise View Post
This is not entirely true. There was a video on Youtube (which I can't find for the life of me now, but it was linked in a fairly recent post on the topic, past couple days or so) which illustrates the problem very well -- essentially, the largest part of the problem isn't the position of the HUD, but the tilt of the camera. With camera unlocked, you can move it around, but you will always be able to see more to the "north" (towards the top of the map, i.e. the general direction in which blue team advances) than to the "south" (the opposite). Thus, purple team will, even with an unlocked camera, still have more trouble seeing where they're going, and have to adjust their camera more often in the vast majority of situations.
no. if your camera is unlocked, then you can move your screen to see what you want to see.
you're seeing too much north? move the camera south. not hard. your character doesn't need to be in the center of the screen, thats the point of unlocked camera

Crayon Puppet

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresyqt View Post
I'd like to be able to play a skill-shot champion in 5s without holding my breathe praying for blue team. It's just unfair for certain champions to be completely gimped in 5v5 and other champions to be relatively unaffected. Fix it.
like dis