Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Low ELO Makes You Bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EatsBlood

03-14-2011

So I was 7 - 6 in ranked with just over 1200 rating and was doing fairly well. Then I lost 10 games in a row, effectively destroying my elo. I've noticed that since I got to this new low elo, my skill has eroded considerably. Since I know my team won't support me, won't buy wards, will feed, will build AD soraka, stack sunfire, etc, I've become part of the problem. I pick chars I know don't help the team, I tower dive even though I know I'll probably die, I don't help in team fights because I know the awful team comp will just get me killed anyway, I'll die just to kill 1 guy, etc. All the things I know are wrong, I now do anyway, unconsciously, because I'm in low elo and no longer care. My elo is now below 1000.

I'm wondering if the real reason behind "elo hell" isn't lack of skill, but the fact that dealing with people in this elo destroys any enjoyment you had in the game and you just become one more bad player. I know I now hope I do lose games, just so I can get an even lower elo. I get a good laugh out of having the most deaths. And it's not intentional, I'm not trolling or intentionally ruining games, I guess I just don't try as hard anymore.

I saw something that would have made me mad a few weeks ago, but now I found absolutely hilarious. Our first player asks what chars we're all going to play, and someone says "cho" and "lux". He proceeds to ban them both. The madder they got about it the more I laughed. I think I enjoyed that more than any of the ranked matches I've played.

supernoobss

03-14-2011

Dont give a F*** about your teammates, cuz they wont save you. Play a phyiscal carry like sion, master-yi and free farm for like 20 min. After you get your gear, you start to pwn people. If you cannt pwn, then just afk or surrender. Ranked games are just about the same as normal games except that people that play ranked are cocky; they think they somehow are better just because they play ranked... lol

EatsBlood

03-14-2011

Everytime someone tells me I'm bad, I remind then that I'm ranked under 1000, and if they're in a game with me they're just as bad. I get people who tell me "I have a 1400 elo account, I just play this one to see if elo hell is real". I think people just lie to themselves. I mess with them now, tell them I'm thinking about going to get a pizza in the middle of the game, just to see what they say. They all blame eachother every game, when it's clear no one is any good. No one ever buys wards at all. It's kinda hilarious actually.

A Cute 8 YO Girl

03-14-2011

What you describe here is the reason I refuse to play solo queue ranked games. I've never played one yet but I always have a surplus of friends on and I rather not waste my time with a bunch of people acting like ******bags because they can't deal with the fact that their coordination and team composition is sub par.

Booterang

03-14-2011

Glad I am not there

Low ELO games defintely drive your skill level down due to frustration. Its almost impossible to climb out of 3 digit ELO.

I found solo queue to be a far better experience once you hit 1400 though. Players have a basic understanding of the game, play more then one character, and generally try to work as a team. You encounter far less trolls and are able to be a much better player as a result.

EatsBlood

03-14-2011

I expect low skill and such, I don't consider myself high end yet either. But I'm still running into things like people pushing the lane by autoattacking minions. Last night I was Karthus and I had Caitlin in my lane 2on1 against a melee char, forget which. Never mind the fact that they wouldn't let me take mid as Karthus (I think Kat took it...) but we had this guy COMPLETELY zoned, like we were both on the other side of the minions where he was getting ZERO xp and gold. Then Cait kills the entire group of minions and pushes the fight to his tower, and now he can farm again. And WW ganked us both shortly after.

Zoning and last hitting are skills you should get in the first ten levels of the game. To be in a level 30 ranked game and still not getting it is horrendous. And when faced with it, I can't imagine caring about the outcome of the game. I know I've got no support of any kind from my teammates, and my only hope is that the enemy team manages to suicide ace themselves before ours does.

55 minute game last night where Veigar had something like 29 kills against us. NO ONE buys a banshee veil. They just keep building their offensive items.