Discussion on Effect of Improving Match Maker.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrippledCow

04-05-2011

i think that you should have more match making options. like these:
same language [ ]
same skill [ ]
same level [ ]
same country [ ]
simply check the ones u want on and u will be matched more fairly. no one wants to be matched with people who speak to totally different language and cant understand you.

Sherrif

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-05-2011

CrippledCow has a point, but another problem I have is that I can't tell what my elo truely is. In order to access it you would have to document every game you ever play, and you have to document ever player you ever player with and against. Thats alot, since the elo is tracked by the game, why is it that there is no way to check my score? Me and my friend are guessing as to what our elo's are. I'm playing games where my elo is causing my teammates to be underskilled and causing me to lose causing my elo to go down. It doesn't seem to put me against easier opponents, it just makes my team more unskilled than my opponents. My friend however whenever he plays with me can't carry the team... even us together it seems to randomize the teams skill to be even lower than what their elo's should be... and cause the opposing team to have elo's closer to his level. He however whenever he plays without my elo tagged on can steamroll a game by himself. I wish that I could see our elo scores (even if its a secret score that only i can tell my own) then we could try to even our scores so our entire team and opponent should technically have the same score as us allowing a fair(er) game. First fix on the list riot is not to say "I don't get paid enough to worry about that" but to allow players to be able to monitor their score... Possibly even assign a duo a third score so playing a without my friend wouldn't change the score me and him have together.

GG DraKe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

The elo system is even more important in ranked...

OurSoulsAirplane

04-08-2011

The matchmaker for the game seems very random. It seems impossible to create a fair game environment though. Even if your players skill levels were perfectly matched, you could never predict who will end up against who in which lanes and what champions boths sides choose. I don't think there is a solution to this problem beyond simply increasing your own skill level as much as possible as then finding a team to que with (thus creating the best scenerio possible for you each time you begin a game).

Pink Ninja Man

04-09-2011

The main problem with using players KDA ratios is then you will have people that don't care to play as a team or win a game. Instead they will only work on boosting their ratios and running just because there is a chance to die. If they were to add individual stats into the game the matchmaking system would get worse. If you truly are a better player then the elo you are in you will make it out, but you cannot expect instant results it is a thing that must be gained over time. Plus as new summoners reach level 30 they are not near the elo that they should be in so in turn they will be matched improperly. The elo system that is currently in use it the proper way but you must play a good number of games. I personally went from an elo of around 940 to my current elo of 1250 because I played more games and eventually worked my way up.

GG DraKe

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Man 117 View Post
The main problem with using players KDA ratios is then you will have people that don't care to play as a team or win a game. Instead they will only work on boosting their ratios and running just because there is a chance to die. If they were to add individual stats into the game the matchmaking system would get worse. If you truly are a better player then the elo you are in you will make it out, but you cannot expect instant results it is a thing that must be gained over time. Plus as new summoners reach level 30 they are not near the elo that they should be in so in turn they will be matched improperly. The elo system that is currently in use it the proper way but you must play a good number of games. I personally went from an elo of around 940 to my current elo of 1250 because I played more games and eventually worked my way up.
You still have to win to gain elo. Just means if you don't run out and die constantly you lose less elo. I go up against people in 1600 elo who FEED against me and I'm in 1450 elo. The elo system is flawed. There is hardly a match where the games are even. Even with it being impossible to form a completely even team, making the skills even will help a lot in terms of having more even games. At 1250 elo you're in elo hell, the only people who find that teams are okay in elo hell are the ones that get carried each game. So I assume either you're the feeder I hate, or your main argument lies in the fact that people will stop team play if you include secondary stats. But you can't get kills/assists without risking death, but also its hard to get kills and assists if you die a lot, so finding a balance between those two stats gives you greatest elo gain/least elo loss ( AKA A GOOD PLAYER). And if you still need to win to gain elo, then its still about teamplay. At the moment, with **** elo systems, people get carried to victory all the time even though they feed, gain same amount of elo as everyone else, and just means when it comes down to a close game they will lose the game for their team, or just rage and afk because they never cared about elo.

hampsterblade

04-10-2011

bump for importance, this is an important issue devs. Stop tweaking and fix it. It doesn't matter how much you tweak a broken system if it doesn't work to begin with.

Nibeous

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdr4kex View Post
Do you know how hard it is to coordinate 4 people who are GOOD to play with you whenever you need to in low elo?

RIot should just take into account Kills + assists (as one value) and compare it to others on the same team, or at the VERY least, count deaths. It doesn't matter how squishy your own champion is, if you are a good player you should NOT die constantly.

The main problem with this method... Is that people will INTENTIONALLY lose and or die a lot to raise their deaths/lower their K/DR so they play with lower ranked/less skilled players, and thus you have the same problem plus another, people feeding a lot more then they do now.

hampsterblade

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSpector View Post
The main problem with this method... Is that people will INTENTIONALLY lose and or die a lot to raise their deaths/lower their K/DR so they play with lower ranked/less skilled players, and thus you have the same problem plus another, people feeding a lot more then they do now.
This doesn't seem like a problem to me as if people want to have a low K/DR for whatever reason they won't be in your game because they have a low K/DR lol

GG DraKe

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSpector View Post
I don't get your point.... you can already die a lot and intentionally lose to play with lower ranked players....... How does that make any difference?