A kassadin build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7atem

03-13-2011

hi,

I'm trying attack speed + ability power build for kassadin.i got in the first match 26/2/8 with it but in the following matches the score was very low so i want help to build it probably

i think with this. I will have enough ability power to cast spells to lower the oponent health and then use the nether blade to finish them using armor pen and riftwalk

i see this build is fun and i want help to build it thanks

SolCrimzen

03-13-2011

Ok well first of all, Kassadin is a 3 spell champ, let's face it: his w is absolutely useless.

You need to build straight AP so you can provide lots of BURST damage, Kassadin is in no way shape or form melee DPS.

My Kassadin build:
Meki Pendant
Tear of the goddess
Sorcerer shoes
Rabadon's deathcap
Archangel's staff

Rest is situational

RagnarVonBloodax

03-13-2011

I have heard of people having success with a DPS buildon Kassadin (although personally I don't recommend it) but in the end you have to pick oneor the other. building AS/AP on kassadin ends up doing poorly. Kassadin's base AD and health are REALLY low if you want to go DPS you NEED damage and surviveability, mostly relying on your passive for AS. With this you will not be using your spells for damage but for maneuverability and disables. If you want to go AP you need a LOT of it because you want your burst to be as high as possible to get in, get a kill, and get out.

In the end an AS/AP build just doesn't work. I could see how it would look like a good Idea but in the end Kassadin needs to specialize completely in one field, either full burst or full DPS.

If you want to go DPS someone else will have to help you cause I personally am not a fan of DPS Kass. If you want to go AP, the post above me is a good start. I do disagree with his statement that w is useless. I get one point in it at level 4 or 5. It is really low cost (25 mana). So I use it to get stacks on force pulse before a fight and to get stacks of tear.

Oh and to add, summoner spells should be cleanse plus something else, i usually go tele but that is cause I love tele. But the cleanse is mandatory for AP Kass. Free Kass week I see tons of kass without tele, one stun and they suddenly cant get away and explode.

JedimasterDarren

03-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7atem View Post
hi,

I'm trying attack speed + ability power build for kassadin.i got in the first match 26/2/8 with it but in the following matches the score was very low so i want help to build it probably

i think with this. I will have enough ability power to cast spells to lower the oponent health and then use the nether blade to finish them using armor pen and riftwalk

i see this build is fun and i want help to build it thanks
You are a creative and fun loving champ builder. Most people here are hardwired for AP Kassadin only because of his excellent burst and solid AP ratios with escapability. They consider melee Kassadin an automatic fail.

I have had a lot of fun playing Kassadin as melee, hybrid and AP. AP most certainly is best overall when synergizing with a team. From my experience, going some attack speed early with AD crit DPS (trinity rocks on him) and surviability has worked best as melee due to good burst and sustainable attacks. Attack speed EARLY and building into AP is fine too, but you really need surviability mid to late game. Attack speed with AP is at its best early to mid games before 5 on 5 team fights break out. When that happens, you want to stay in the back lines with AP. Thus, your attack speed is kinda lost at that point. That is why most Kassadin players go for straight AP burst.

In your case with attack speed and AP, I would use 21/8/1 with teleport ignite or cleanse (more for late game CC). Use attack speed or MagicPen marks, attack speed quints with HP/lvl seals and cooldown glymphs (or MR/lvl). Call me crazy, but on melee Kassadin I have found philo stone works very well. Your don't need mana regen seals if using philo stone so you can use HP/lvl which will net you more than 2X HP quints endgame. Start with regrowth pendant and complete the stone.

Regrowth --> Philostone
Basic Boots
Stinger
Berserker boots (convert to treads, sorcery or ninja late game after you have farmed up)
Finish Nashors
Mejai (optional)
Deathcap (You are pretty much in back lines now, only going into melee range to finish off)
Banshees

That is my two cents. A lot of people will downvote this because AP is better and they don't like to see anything about Kassadin as melee. Enlightened Kassadin players will know better.

Rageblade is okay. I would not use hextech unless going melee DPS. I find the attack speed and cooldown on stinger more usefull and the 25% cooldown reduction is very nice late game when rageblade is a bit lackluster (you won't want to attack much to build stacks in team fights). This build is signficantly stronger than the traditional AP build early/mid game as they build either catalyst or tear drop early for mana. You don't need as big of a mana pool and the philo stone is giving you 10 mana/5 plus the 22.5HP/5 plus gold. It really helps sustain you without a catalyst, so you are buidling into Nashors quicker. Your sword is so much more potent than AP early to mid game, which will get you kills, especially if mid. But the burst of the straight AP will be stronger, especially late game.

Your early game in lane is bonkers with the sustainablity of Philo stone compared to typically AP Kassadin. As always, if you gank well and feed, your a winner no matter what.

Happy Hunting

Jedimaster

Watchbehindu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2011

Man Just go

Sorc boots
2 Rods Of Ages
2 Archangels Staffs
ANd a Rabadons

TheAsphodel

03-13-2011

Perhaps Lich Bane would be useful in a hybrid melee/AP build?

7atem

03-13-2011

thanks for all replies

the reason i thought of AS/AP kassadin is that sometimes after casting all my spells the enemy champ still have little amount of hp and all my abilities are in cooldown and kassadin cant finish the enemy champion at this moment and most of time they manage to escape but using attack speed and armor pen on nether blade i can chase them.. of course the AP kassadin is the main build but trying the AS/AP build is fun too and i will try Jedi master build

kwjnfkjsdg

03-13-2011

kass is all about burst. you simply can't play him any other way. even "hybrid" or "ad" kass builds incorporate some kind of burst in the playstyle to ensure his skills are used for more than soft cc.

i tried ad kass once, and i went triforce, zerk boots, black cleaver, and bveil. lvl 18 i had about 2600 health,180 attack,1.4 attack speed. burst combo+triforce made my initial fight entrance rather powerful, and with netherblade nd cleaver i was basically doing true damage to anyone not stacking armor.

7atem

03-13-2011

but being a full ap kassadin makes the nether blade is useless and u can use it to gain mana and recharge force pulse ,this mean u neglect the armor pen the nether blade gives u and it gives armor pen more than olaf ultimate

kwjnfkjsdg

03-13-2011

for AP kass, netherblade's only use is to help you charge up ur force pulse/tear of hte goddess, but yes in a fight your W is basically useless. i think its b/c kassadin was originally meant to be a hybrid champ, but was later started to be viewed more as a caster.

his armor pen boost is nice, but it's nowhere near the steroid abilities that make most of the more powerful dpsers successful. it's completely overshadowed by olaf's passive+vicious strikes, yi's highlander, xin's 3 talon+battle cry, jax's burst+relentless assult. etc. in short, kassadin SEVERELY lacks the dps to counterbalance his extreme squishiness.

basically, makeing a build revolving around one mediocre steroid ability is just silly. with this logic, even AD nunu is more viable.