Assert pointer is null

First Riot Post
123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZTD09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2010

I get the same problem sorta. I played it perfectly fine for a month, but I got busy and hadnt played it and now when I try to play it it says server connection unavailable and then i get the assert pointer is null. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried administrator mode, I've tried turning firewalls on and off etc. It's funny though, because my brother is playing it in the room beside me on the same internet connection.

YesIKnow

05-13-2010

Ok i too have had this problem, one time i'll be playing for 4-5 hours then take a break. Then i come back load it up and it gives me the "Assert pointer is null" didnt change anything on my comp...

Few ways i have gotten it to work is by logging off then relogging(not restart, "log off") back in and then moving the folders into another drive 'e' drive and it works and another time it gave me that error i actually deleted everything of riot games and installed it directly on the 'c' drive...

The client just has glitches and bugs, it just breaks down and stops recognizing you as admin when you are using admin so it doesnt load it up properly or something. Hope this helps and if anyone else has any other solutions feel free to add.

Jo0ni

06-20-2010

Anyone have a solution on this problem? I have it and YesIKnow tips didn work for me.

The Noha

06-20-2010

Me and my friend cant start the game, we wont even get to the loggin screen, it stops working at the patcher client 'thing', we are getting the same error over and over again after a few mins of unfunctionallity, while my brother who is able to play the game back home just continues without problems. Though BOTH me and my friend uses Windows 7, my brother does not.

FINDMEBITCHES

06-22-2010

I had the same problem, the funny thing is.. i fixed it by doing the following;

1. right clicking play league of legends shortcut.
2. going to its properties
3. you have 6 tabs up the top, choose shortcut.
4. then Advanced.. check Run as Administrator.
- This option allows you to run this shortcut as administrator, while protecting your computer from unauthorized activity.

i thought my LoL was already doing this.. but it only worked when i did it to the shortcut.. no further problems.

BadCo

06-24-2010

You could just change the access permissions of your current profile to allow running of programs

Cerecita

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-29-2010

yeah, running the game as admin, fixed my problem with this error.

Stefol

08-13-2010

Same problem here with :

"ASSERT:Pointer is NULL...
(..\..\..\source\shared\patcher.c/1924)"

Im on Windows XP proffesional, 3 hours ago everythings was alright but after break lol doesnt work... AFter some time with "Retrieving version information" im getting this error.

Any help ? :|

Moving games data to the other folder and running as administrator doesnt work

killbot232

Recruiter

08-23-2010

im getting the same msg and i tried setting to run as admin but still getting the same msg

somechester

09-11-2010

Yeah i have the same problem with the ASSERT: pointer is null etc. I have tried to run as admin and move it and everything but nothing seems to work. Any other ideas?

123456 ... 11