So this is ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoHaxItsLag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2011

I queued up for my first ranked game today ever, and man was this experience great.
Banning seemed awesome, being able to see both team compositions was cool.
Then, one of our team mates decided to pull something crazy.
"One more bad pick and I'm afking during the game"
Apparently he didn't want to dodge the queue anymore, and rather he was just going to afk.
Is this the ranked community?
Jeeze, it's worse than normal.

Purelybetter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2011

Yes it is. The ranked community is a lot like DOTA's community. People ***** about picks, and the best part is half the time they insta-lock a carry and then feed.

Nerrisa

03-13-2011

From what i have seen, if you get stuck in elo hell, you get stuck with people new to ranked and suck, or flat out suck. There seems to be no way out.

USC Zeratul

03-13-2011

80% of the times, its getting stuck with people who feed
And 99% of the times its not your fault

Stormwake

03-14-2011

Most of the people complaining actually suck as well. Some actually are good and are stuck in elo hell, legitimately stuck with no way out.

Dieinpeace1

03-17-2011

yeah this is somewhat normal. Except for me they don't say much about it happening. Also they decide to go afk now instead of just dodge cause riot has actually done a good job of banning the queue dodgers. So now they just afk to get around the dodge banning system riot has .

ViolentSymphony

03-17-2011

They have implemented a system (or are about to, I forget which) that busts afkers as well to make gameplay more fun. They aren't revealing how they know someone is afk for too long, but they have hinted that a minute or two isn't going to get you banned.

In any case, I've had many cases where I've gone 20-2-13 and we still lose because; 1. I'm the only one who buys wards, and when I run out of gold for them my team starts getting ganked 2. We have a feeder in the form of a carry 3. There is someone who won't shut his trap and thus lowers morale 4. Rage Quitter.

Eldwynn

03-18-2011

I find the solo que to be very frustrating. I know how to play a handful of chars, and I have a decent build for each. I change my build based on what I am up against. I pick what's needed for the team...

None of this matters. Half the games I have played today were losses JUST because someone left or afked. It's actually worse in ranked then I ever found it to be in normal. Furthermore, on the games were no one leaves, there's always that player who is feeding so bad, that you wish he would just leave so it could be 4v5. I am constantly chasing team mates around, I am the only one buying wards, and it doesn't matter.

I have friends that play the game, but we all play casually. I report the leavers and the afkers every game, and it just doesnt get better. My rank is horrible, because I just continually lose. Rationally, I tell myself that the other team is just as likely to get the bad players too, but it just isnt feeling like it lately. Besides, even if the other team DOES get a bad player- the game is not fun for either side.

That's the bottom line. For over 50% of the players doing solo ranked, they can't be having fun. I would rather play with computer bots than a lot of players I run into.

USC Zeratul

03-20-2011

Yup
In one of my champ selects, someone said
"We lost I'm feeding"
Only 2 people chose on our team so far, and we had Ashe and Blitz...

VincentKrys

03-21-2011

I'm 1600+ ELO and remembering back in my early game play while I was in ELO hell I have learned that you have to rely on yourself to carry out of ELO hell, you can't rely on others.