Karthus build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volgaria

03-10-2011

Ok so I just bought Karthus, been having a ton of fun. Kind of got my own build going on, but I would like to know what you pros are using.
My build:
I start with AA
sorc shoes
RoA
Rylais
Deathcap
Then either another RoA, a mejais, or BV, depending on how I'm doing or if i need MR
Thoughts? If you think my build is bad, keep it to yourself, just give me pointers on my build don't just tell me it is bad.

Volgaria

03-10-2011

Bump

Volgaria

03-11-2011

Another bump

Antioch Forever

03-11-2011

perhaps deathcap sooner...I don't play him though.

There is the jihad playstyle (charge in a 5v5 and die), and if you do this I wouldn't recommend a soulstealer, but if you don't die I would recommend one. Perhaps throw in an evil tome If you like CDR.

Adalade Rychal

03-11-2011

i play karthus quite a bit and this is what i usually do:

Open: meki pendant and 3 health pots
First buy: Boots and Tear of the Goddess
Second buy: Large Rod into Rabadons

After that I'll pick up Rod of Ages, finish arch angels staff and boots. Boots (almost always sorc boots unless is a very very heavy CC team then merc treads) can be finished earlier if you need to. After that I do whatever I need in the game: I like to use Rylai's, but I also take Mejai's, Void Staff, Banshees Veil, Abyssal Scepter is decent as well especially if you need the MR.

Keltesh

03-11-2011

My normal build is:

Sorcerer's Shoes
Deathcap (Early ap seems to work better then survivabilty for me)
Abyssal/Zonya's (Order depends on their team, I usually end up with both)
AA Staff (If you have mana problems get this before Deathcap, or at least Tear)

Then I do some combo of AA, Void Staff, or RoA. I find that the magick resist and armor make me much tankier then rushing RoA so I almost never get this item.

Btw Karth farms so well getting the first 3 items after boots is ussually doable by 30 minutes or so. I ussually get really well fed when I play Karthus though, so results may vary.

Hedgemonster

03-11-2011

I tend to avoid Rylai's for the reasons I gave here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...04#post6899704

Other than that, though, I generally build similar items to you, although the order changes based upon how any particular game is going.

Triss Teh

03-11-2011

If you're gonna go Mejai's, get it either first or after your Tear of the Goddess. Once the laning phase ends it's easy to achieve stacks.

Lachoneus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2011

I build

rod of ages
shoes
rylias septor
tear of the goddess

It's a little slow starting but once you get the rylias septor you get really mean the slow is awesome.

Another item i get that is awesome is Zhora's hourglass

the active is an anti-focus.

when i'm getting focused just pop it. it won't save your life but it will turn the tide of the battle because it gives you more time in fight plus they won't run away (like when you die)

CutenAzn

03-11-2011

dont get RoA its kinda pointless. get AA rylais deathcap and boots whenever you want.