Suggestion: zoom out more!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jawarrior1

03-12-2011

The more I play with my screen unlocked and with different characters the more i realize how close the screen is to my champion. i suggest letting us zoom out 2 or 3 more clicks for long range shots plz ty!

zero51423

03-13-2011

and more importantly, this will alleviate a lot of the problems that locked screen players are having.

redrobin3

03-14-2011

please riot this would be the best change for ppl who like seeing their whole lane without moving the screen constantly

KiaKun

03-14-2011

i am torn on if this is a good idea or not...
how it is atm it is almost imposable to play with a locked screen.
but on the other hand...
chars that use ults that are VERY long range have a harder time aiming them... like on Lux i can only see the tip and the base of the targeting.... so it some times takes me a couple extra seconds to figure out if i am with in firing distance or not.

while i find both of these a MAJOR irritation i think it adds balance to the game.

jawarrior1

03-15-2011

Glad to know im not the only one. Now i just hope someone at riot reads and at least gives some feedback.

Pijji

03-15-2011

I feel bad for people with small monitors
they must not be able to see anything on their resolutions

do want zoom farther out

Vogie

03-17-2011

Amen to that

ViolentSymphony

03-17-2011

I actually play with a locked screen (I know, I know, call me noob all you want), and I hate the feeling of moving the camera off of my character when I'm not checking to see the status of my teammates. I would like to see the ability to do this more, as I play on various computers and thus the max zoom out varies greatly from screen to screen.

fatflyingpigs

03-18-2011

Honestly, I'd like to be able to see like 1/4 of the map. It would make looking around so much easier.

The Dodecahedron

03-18-2011

i think increasing the max zoom out would be most beneficial even if only by a factor of 1.25. There have been times when I was being chased for that final blow keeping just ahead of my opponent and the only reason that I got caught was either because it took me too long to move the screen to click away and my champ stopped moving, or because my champ ran in circles in the forest because i tried to use the mini map

Though making it easier to observe, chase, run, and use some skill shots and AoEs a further zoom also makes targeted attacks more difficult as the target is now smaller. Miss-clicks would be more frequent, balancing out other potential benefits. This could also add another dimension of skill to the game: knowing when to zoom in and when to zoom out, which would be a welcome challenge to experienced players, but maybe just one more thing for newcomers to worry about.