Ashe Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klaumbaz

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
You make a critical error by telling him not to buy PD for it's statistics.

If a player is rushing IE (which any Ashe player who has half a brain will be doing at some point in EVERY game), then Zeal or PD are easily the best purchases than any other items in the game, barring situational items, such as Veil and LW.

The increase in DPS is simply absurd when you increase critcal chance while using IE. Not to mention the move speed which is vital on Ashe. By all means, don't stack PD, but getting one is a phenomenal choice for an AA based Ashe that doesn't need LW for armor pen ASAP.

--------------------------------------------

All your other points are spot-on, though, so good advice!
I agree, Ashe should always have phantom dancer and IE (in that order), the three are synergistic. Toss in berzerker boots, and nobody is getting out of range of frost arrows easily. to me, Ashe is support to start the game, using frost arrows to snare the enemy, while your team does the beatdown dance on them.

And for start item, i prefer regrowth pendant. You can heal 100 health several times with this, better sustained early game laning. the dorans 100 just gives you "burst" cushion, where regrowth pendant is more health over time.

Maugrim Faustus

03-24-2011

never, ever, ever get phantom dancer before infinity edge.

you will see a much greater increase in damage from boosting AD over AS. Once you have your IE, zeal is typically all you need - you can better spend the next 1900 gold on another bf sword, rather than a small boost to your ms/as/crit chance. You'll still have 1.5~hits/sec and 400~, but you'll actually be hurting the other team instead of just constantly reapplying frost shot like a scrub.

Eledhan

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaumbaz View Post
I agree, Ashe should always have phantom dancer and IE (in that order), the three are synergistic. Toss in berzerker boots, and nobody is getting out of range of frost arrows easily. to me, Ashe is support to start the game, using frost arrows to snare the enemy, while your team does the beatdown dance on them.
NO, you should not build PD first...only build this (or zeal) AFTER IE is finished...not before.

AS or Crit chance without any AD or bonus crit damage is useless...

Quote:
And for start item, i prefer regrowth pendant. You can heal 100 health several times with this, better sustained early game laning. the dorans 100 just gives you "burst" cushion, where regrowth pendant is more health over time.
Doran's also makes you hit harder...an extra 20 damage to start off your laning phase is not something to laugh at...

I guess as long as you have SOME type of survivability, it doesn't matter too much.

Eledhan

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugrim Faustus View Post
never, ever, ever get phantom dancer before infinity edge.

you will see a much greater increase in damage from boosting AD over AS. Once you have your IE, zeal is typically all you need - you can better spend the next 1900 gold on another bf sword, rather than a small boost to your ms/as/crit chance. You'll still have 1.5~hits/sec and 400~, but you'll actually be hurting the other team instead of just constantly reapplying frost shot like a scrub.
Well said.

silveroot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2011

I find ashe is super squishy, so i for one get doran's blade at the beggining of the game for the health.

Call Mee Maybee

03-28-2011

Errr a regrowth pendant? How the hell are you playing Ashe early game so that she needs health regen?

kira helion

03-28-2011

what about a long sword -> manamune , PD to start things off?

Lizto

03-28-2011

The reason ashe should be getting dorans blade over shield, and other starting items is:

1) A smart ashe should be able to stay out of harrassment
2) A smart Ashe should be able to harrass her opponent, blade will make your volleys stronger, and when they try to engage, you'll hurt them more before you back out.
3) A running opponent will be cursing you more if you have dorans blade than shield.
4) Dorans blade will make you hit around 20%harder at lvl 1, Dorans shield will protect you from much less than that and will not give you any protection from spells.
5) Volley scales with AD

Yes, your stay power is affected, but your harrassment will also hurt more. These are the reasons why I take blade on Ashe.

KingFirmin504

03-28-2011

I find the DS-->IE-->Zeal an almost (there are some exceptions) consistent build for serious ashes. The other options arent as good, as mentioned above.

However, if your team is dominating, or not even dominating but just doing well, i find black cleaver or bloodthirster to both be extreme fun on ashe. The lifesteal is to piss off bad melees in 1v1 and the armreduc/dmg is great for team fights when u have to focus down soeone with average armor (but not too high, otherwise LW is better). So instead of upgrading zeal, you can spend the extra on a BC or BT before u get a BV.

Either way, ashe can be the worst champ on your team if played by a noob but easily the most influential in winning if played by someone good.