Ashe Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Low Key Lyesmith

03-12-2011

I often see lots of people getting a Dorans Blade -> BF Sword in games. But when I see them do it, it takes them quite a while to hit the cash for a BF.

I was wondering if a Longsword + 2 HP + 1 Mana => +1 Longsword => Brutalizer => Avarice Blade => Ghostblade was a good idea.

ViSiOnInG

03-12-2011

boots + 3 pots or doran shield if u really in love with doran items rofl. its really not possible to start with dorans ring/blade. smart players will abuse that you have no regen and you get owned =p

Call Mee Maybee

03-14-2011

-Its not a bad idea (idk why you would need the mana pot) b/c it will make you more powerful pre-bf sword.
-Its completely situational but sometimes i find that it takes too long to get a bf sword and costs me a kill or 2 (or assist) early game saving all that monies until I get one. -Try getting the pickaxe and crit strike robe of the infinity edge (assuming thats where you are going with the bf sword) before the bf sword and see how you like it.
-I always start with a dorans sword though for the lane sustainability.

Sykil

03-14-2011

The best part about the Doran's Blade as a starting item is honestly the 100 health. The lifesteal is pretty minimal, and with no form of health regen other than that, things can get pretty hairy against a smart opponent. I usually do a Faerie Charm and health potions, but there are lots of options.

Eledhan

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynn51 View Post
I often see lots of people getting a Dorans Blade -> BF Sword in games. But when I see them do it, it takes them quite a while to hit the cash for a BF.

I was wondering if a Longsword + 2 HP + 1 Mana => +1 Longsword => Brutalizer => Avarice Blade => Ghostblade was a good idea.
Going with a Brutalizer start is a great way to go, if you're want to focus on skill spamming early-mid game.

The only issue is that Ashe deals significantly more damage with an IE, and that's why you need to be rushing that ASAP.

I would recommend Brutalizer if you have a decent team that can follow up on an Arrow initiation, and you need to be able to initiate more frequently.

As for Ghostblade, I would get Brutalizer & Avarice, and then I would let the Gp10 work for me as long as possible before upgrading to Ghostblade. Basically, only get Ghsotblade when you need one more item slot, or you have completed IE & Zeal & any other situational items you may want.

dyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

The thing about starting Doran's (Shield, blade is actually pretty hard to use on ashe now) - is that it allows you a lot of comfort to farm better, which means it shouldn't actually delay your big important items by that much because you had a greater opportunity to farm and an advantage for winning your lane. Other starting items can help just as much depending on your opponent and your own playstyle - but getting part of your build out of the way is generally a bad reason to start with one item over another.

1ronLung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-17-2011

Just because you see high elo players stacking blades DOES NOT MEAN you should do it every game. you should only stack blades if you are having trouble winning your lane and need more HP. otherwise continue your farm towards the BF or brutalizer. i prefer the bf if i can afford the farm, however brutalizer is a great item for its small cost.

stacking dorans blades when you are not losing your lane does nothing but delay your build and waste your gold.

Sorbon

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynn51 View Post

Sit on the Avaric/Brutalizer like a boss for a while, to get the extra gold. Unless you're pro like a boss with ghostblade's active, I suppose.

I'm actually a big fan of rushing Wriggles like a boss on Ashe. Most of the items she needs are so expensive that you'll be sitting on your hands like a boss, just begging to get ganked, if you think you're going to rush straight to a BF sword or something fierce like a boss. Wriggles gives you a chunk of life steal, makes farming quicker, will help you push when your opponent does die, gives you wards to never ever get ganked, and there's a 20% chance that the last hit you botched will go through like a boss anyway. Oh yeah the armor and damage are neat, too.

aRchiBole

03-17-2011

You generally do not want to build attackspeed on rng dps, yomuu's is not optimal.....When people move you do not get any benefit from building attackspeed AT ALL, you will have to move with them and attack again so do not ever rush attack speed on a rng carry! Moving on, if you have problems farming you need to learn to last hit better, last whisper ie is the established norm because it is the optimal build that scales best of of ashe's skill kit. You do not have to rush bf sword you can buy portions of last whisper or stack dorans blades though. You should get 4-5 minion last hits per wave, if you cannot do so do not auto lock carries because someone else with better mechanical skills should be the one to play them.

The above poster is asking you to be a bad player by relining on wrigles to farm while auto attacking minions, do not listen to that!!!!!!!! Last hit damit.

For ashe you really want bf-ie-lastwhisper-banshies in any serious game

Eledhan

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Urizen9 View Post
You generally do not want to build attackspeed on rng dps, yomuu's is not optimal.....When people move you do not get any benefit from building attackspeed AT ALL, you will have to move with them and attack again so do not ever rush attack speed on a rng carry! Moving on, if you have problems farming you need to learn to last hit better, last whisper ie is the established norm because it is the optimal build that scales best of of ashe's skill kit. You do not have to rush bf sword you can buy portions of last whisper or stack dorans blades though. You should get 4-5 minion last hits per wave, if you cannot do so do not auto lock carries because someone else with better mechanical skills should be the one to play them.

The above poster is asking you to be a bad player by relining on wrigles to farm while auto attacking minions, do not listen to that!!!!!!!! Last hit damit.

For ashe you really want bf-ie-lastwhisper-banshies in any serious game
You make a critical error by telling him not to buy PD for it's statistics.

If a player is rushing IE (which any Ashe player who has half a brain will be doing at some point in EVERY game), then Zeal or PD are easily the best purchases than any other items in the game, barring situational items, such as Veil and LW.

The increase in DPS is simply absurd when you increase critcal chance while using IE. Not to mention the move speed which is vital on Ashe. By all means, don't stack PD, but getting one is a phenomenal choice for an AA based Ashe that doesn't need LW for armor pen ASAP.

--------------------------------------------

All your other points are spot-on, though, so good advice!